Pre-Game Talk: All-American Prospects Game Returns to Buffalo

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

The Buffalo Sabres and KeyBank Center have been selected to host the sixth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game, it was announced today by USA Hockey.
The game will take place on Thursday, September 21, with opening face-off set for 7:30 pm ET.
The CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game includes two teams made up of the top American-born prospects eligible for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
This is the fourth time the event will take place in Buffalo, which was the site of the 2012, 2014 and 2015 games.
Tickets for the game will go on sale August 16 at 10:00 am ET at the KeyBank Center box office or online at BuffaloSabres.com.
(LaxSabre - Ticket Prices - Sabres Season Ticket Holders - $5.00 - Public - $10.00).

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Hockey Hall of Famers Chris Chelios and Brian Leetch will serve as head coaches for the sixth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game on September 21 in Buffalo, New York, it was announced today by USA Hockey.

The event, which will feature 42 of the top American-born prospects eligible for the 2018 NHL Draft, will be staged at KeyBank Center, home of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and site of the 2018 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship.

Tickets for the game go on sale Wednesday, August 16 at 10:00 am ET online at Sabres.com or AllAmericanProspectsGame.com or in person at the KeyBank Center box office.

"It is only fitting that a game aimed to showcase the future of American hockey be coached by two of the greatest American players to ever play," said Jim Johansson, assistant executive director of hockey operations for USA Hockey. "As we've already seen with former Prospects Game players, many of the players in the game will go on to star in the NHL, and fans are also likely to see some players that will be back in Buffalo in December to represent our country in the World Junior Championship."

Combined, Chelios and Leetch, have represented the United States internationally on 17 occasions, including five Olympic Winter Games, two World Cups of Hockey, three Canada Cups, two International Ice Hockey Federation Men's World Championships and five IIHF World Junior Championships. In total, the two defensemen skated together internationally five times, helping the United States claim the inaugural 1996 World Cup of Hockey, where Leetch served as captain, and a silver medal at the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, where Chelios was captain.

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/822665?referrer_id=641365

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Watched a lot of Hughes and Tkachuk with the NTDP last year and in the WC Tune Up. Both are worth the price of admission.

Keep an eye out for Keith. He's been at every game I've seen Brady, and then he'll be out somewhere for a beer after. He's not quite at his old playing weight, though...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Nice to see Ryan O'Reilly getting to skate with the young US kids!

Ryan O’Reilly - 6-0 (183) - 183 (83) - 2000-03-21 - R - Southlake, Texas - Madison Capitols (USHL) - University of Denver (NCHC).

Would be cool if he could meet his name-sake - get a Sabres O'Reilly jersey - wear #90 in the game and later this June get drafted by the Sabres.

I'm not sure who will be on what teams but I'm guessing these two won't be split up.
Christian Krygier - 6-1 (185) - 185 (84) - 2000-05-05 - L - Novi, Michigan - Lincoln Stars (USHL) - University of Wisconsin (Big Ten).
Cole Krygier - 6-2 (188) -190 (86) - 2000-05-05 - Novi, Michigan - Lincoln Stars (USHL) - University of Wisconsin (Big Ten).

Update - This Ryan O'Reilly won't be wearing #90 in the game - has him listed as wearing #10.
I was wrong - they did split them up - Christian will be playing on Teem Leetch while Cole will be playing on Team Chelios.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Ben Kraws is no stranger to the crease in Buffalo. He'll get a high-profile spot in it this month.
The goaltender for the Buffalo Junior Sabres was one of 42 players named to USA Hockey's All-American Prospects Game.
The annual showcase of draft-eligible players will be held September 21 in KeyBank Center.
Kraws is entering his third season with the Junior Sabres. The native of Cranberry, New Jersey is scheduled to attend Miami (Ohio) University in 2019-2020.

LaxSabre - Ben Kraws will be one of the two goalies on Team Chelios.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
You guys who live in Buffalo full-time should really think about attending. $10 for non-STH and $5 for STH is a steal. Tkachuk and Hughes are worth the price of admission alone.

I go to a lot of NTDP/Junior Hockey and it's great and a huge bang for the buck.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My favorite part of previous editions of this game was crashing the 200-level to see who all was there from the various front offices, chatting with some who I knew and listening in on some of those who I didn't. :D

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
My favorite part of previous editions of this game was crashing the 200-level to see who all was there from the various front offices, chatting with some who I knew and listening in on some of those who I didn't. :D

Yup! That's one of the things I loved about the WJC tune up this summer, or the NTDP games. Wish I could make this one.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

HockeyTV will provide LIVE free-for-view streaming coverage of the sixth annual CCM/USA Hockey All-American Prospects Game that will take place September 21, 2017, at KeyBank Center, home of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.

The game features 42 of the top American-born prospects eligible for the 2018 NHL Draft. United States Hockey Hall of Fame members Chris Chelios (Chicago, Illinois) - Brian Leetch (Corpus Christi, Texas) will each coach a team.

Those interested can find a link to the LIVE broadcast on USAHockey.com beginning at 6:45 pm ET on September 21. Paul Severino will handle play-by-play duties and EJ Hradek will provide color commentary for the game.

USA Hockey also announced today that referees Kenneth Anderson (Elk River, Minnesota) and Peter Schlittenhardt (Piscataway, New Jersey) and linesmen Michael Fusani (Depew, New York) and Ian McCambridge (Aurora, Illinois) have been selected as this year’s game officials. All four officials are products of USA Hockey’s Officiating Development Program, which educates and assigns officials for Tier I, II and III junior leagues in the United States.

Fusani will be spending the 2017-2018 season in both the AHL and ECHL on a full-time basis after spending time in the NAHL and SPHL. He has served as a linesman in league championships for the last three seasons, including the ECHL's Kelly Cup Finals in 2016-2017, SPHL's President's Cup in 2015-2016 andNAHL's Robertson Cup in 2015-3016.

http://www.allamericanprospectsgame.com/news_article/show/832942?referrer_id=641365

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad