Movies: Alien: Romulus

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looks good, but Ridley Scott is still attached to this.......arggggggg.

Please good sir, retire and never touch the franchise again.

Sorry, but it really wasn't. Both Prometheus and it set the franchise back a decade, or more.
Prometheus was almost a great movie but tripped over itself too many times. Covenant was outright dumb.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I thought Prometheus was pretty solid :dunno:
a movie that just didn't quite stick the landing

Always been a sucker for this franchise, the original was ahead of its time and I think had a much greater influence on modern filmmaking than it's often credited for. The next two movies were quality as well, and I enjoyed that they all had a very different feel despite basically being about the same thing. After those 3 however, well yeah mixed bag at best.

First impression is that I like that it looks like they've gone back to a spaceship for the setting. Might be a little old hat for claustrophobic tension building aliens attack space horror but familiarity isn't always a bad thing if the other parts are executed well.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Looks good, but Ridley Scott is still attached to this.......arggggggg.

Please good sir, retire and never touch the franchise again.

Sorry, but it really wasn't. Both Prometheus and it set the franchise back a decade, or more.
Did you forget Alien cubed and Alien: Resurrection? It's not like the franchise was doing great (and I'm a bit of an Alien cubed defender).

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Does every Alien movie have to have a strong female character in the lead role?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm a fan of the series (at least parts 1-3), but I think the franchise has run its course. There isn't really much more you can do with Xenomorphs.
It was an interesting idea to expand the universe with Prometheus, but that was ultimately ruined with Alien Covenant.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
i didn’t hate covenant or Prometheus as much as everyone else. They aren’t great, and they’re better off as stand alones, not counting toward the overall story. But i still didn’t hate them.

This trailer looks really good

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Are the xenomorphs that dangerous they could take over a planet. Seeing as one small CM detachment took out a fair few along with Ripley it seems so implausible they could win a global conflict.

Always found that threat a little illogical. Anyway I am sure people have said this before but in Aliens I am sure I saw a version where a xenomorph clambered onto the APC and was blown off by the turret gun. Never seen that version again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad