Confirmed with Link: Alfredsson Agrees to One-Year Extension as Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I don't like the one year deals. I think he's just trying to figure out his role.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I get the sense that Alfie still isn't sure what he wants to do in hockey now that he is done as a player. Does he want to invest the time to become a GM? Does he want to move into coaching and player development? Is he staying in Canada, or heading back to Sweden? I think he's still finding his way, which is why the one year deal is in place...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think it is obvious Alfie is pegged as the next GM, if Murray "stepped down" a year or two later I think the job was his.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think it is obvious Alfie is pegged as the next GM, if Murray "stepped down" a year or two later I think the job was his.

I agree with this.

I say within a few years he becomes assistant-GM, and within the next 5 or so years becomes our own Stevie Y. :nod:

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Jack of all trades, master of none. Maybe they grooming him for vice president of hockey operations.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I love the vagueness of Alfredsson's job title.

Alfie's like that guy you knew in university who went into his 2nd year of undergrad and still hadn't declared a major, haha.

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
The interesting thing is, after reading the press release I expect King K to break a few of his records with the Sens.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
"Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations"

Wow! Alfredsson is a quick study.

It took Bryan Murray years to finally get that title!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad