Value of: Alexey Toropchenko

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Well aside from the whole 1st rounder question (yes you take a 1st rounder for a 4th liner as of now), what's likely to happen is he will sign a longer term extension likely when he can, and then depending on what that is his value changes. I kinda need to see that new contract.

I understand why teams want the guy, his speed forces plays, he plays a nice north south playoff style and crashes the net and creates havoc and has a huge motor. And he is trending up as far as finishing.

If he is a 4th liner that's one kind of value, but if they extend him and he repeats – or betters – this year next season there's going to be a different valuation. It's in flux so the Blues shouldn't be in a rush. As Jesse Jackson once said, the question is moot ... at least temporarily until the extension / into next season.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Pretty absurd assumption that just because someone is a 4th liner than you trade them with out a doubt for a 1st.
Because you can literally find fourth liner players for league minimum every single offseason. And plenty of them. An extra first for a fourth line player is a slam dunk. Because if you’ve got a good scouting system you should be getting a much more valuable player with that pick.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Hell, I'd trade Toro for a 2nd in the top half of the round. He's been a very good bottom sixer and is only getting better, but to turn him into a good D prospect, I'm down. We have so much org depth at forward, it's be nice to move some of that to D.

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
I don't see any way the Blues move Torpo. He's a bottom six dream; strong, fast, with a bit of a scoring touch as well.

If for some reason they WERE interested in moving him, I think the cost would be high, because he's similar to someone like Barbashev. A versatile forward who can make a real difference in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad