Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Weber is the only one who might be considered a slower dman and he is still faster than Markov was for the last 5 years of his career.

yeah I wouldn't necessarily describe our D as old and slow. Would love to have more creative offensive minded D though for sure. We really need Norlinder to hit imo. Hopefully Brook too. I'm not as bullish as I was but I think people cooled on him WAY too quick.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I'm excited about Romanov. Watching him in the WJC I think his game will translate very well into the NHL. People talk about his hitting but that's not a big part of the game anymore. This kid has great poise. He closes the gap incredibly. Probably better than any prospect I've seen in a long time. He moves the puck out of his zone very well. STill not sure how his offense will develop in the NHL but even without any great offensive game this guy will be rock back there. I see a very good career for this young man.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Weber is the only one who might be considered a slower dman and he is still faster than Markov was for the last 5 years of his career.

I'm looking at the others teams. Look at Tampa

None of our big man skates like Hedman or Sergachev (maybe Petry is near), and they had Shattenkirk. Bogosian/Mcdonagh are similar to Chiarot/Edmundson in terms of mobility.

Should I also mention Colorado with Makar, Girard, Johnson, Zadorov.

That's just talking about skating/mobility and not talent.

Our D looks like the Bruins when they won in 2011, ten years ago. It's built to compete in the Derian Hatcher era. I'm really hoping that Romanov bring all his cockiness to skate skate skate with the puck.

yeah I wouldn't necessarily describe our D as old and slow. Would love to have more creative offensive minded D though for sure. We really need Norlinder to hit imo. Hopefully Brook too. I'm not as bullish as I was but I think people cooled on him WAY too quick.

I should not have said old, it's not too old.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Just like when some people should not have vaulted Poehling to the top of their rankings with his hat trick and shootout winner in his debut, along with his WJC performance, we should not plummet Brook way down the barrel just yet either. This is a big year for him though to see where he stands.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Just like when some people should not have vaulted Poehling to the top of their rankings with his hat trick and shootout winner in his debut, along with his WJC performance, we should not plummet Brook way down the barrel just yet either. This is a big year for him though to see where he stands.

I"ve said it a hundred times, Brook turning the corner is a great sign. With prospects at this age, you have to be a lot more 'what have you done for me lately?'

If he regresses after a positive finish, it's not good obviously. But he has something to build on.

Reactions: Miller Time

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

None of our big man skates like Hedman or Sergachev (maybe Petry is near), and they had Shattenkirk. Bogosian/Mcdonagh are similar to Chiarot/Edmundson in terms of mobility.

Our D looks like the Bruins when they won in 2011, ten years ago. It's built to compete in the Derian Hatcher era. I'm really hoping that Romanov bring all his cockiness to skate skate skate with the puck.

I agree with the sentiment that Edmunson, Weber, Chiarot, etc. make this D a bit too one-dimensional, but Petry is big and he's one of the best skating blue-liner in the league.

Reactions: Gains

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I agree with the sentiment that Edmunson, Weber, Chiarot, etc. make this D a bit too one-dimensional, but Petry is big and he's one of the best skating blue-liner in the league.

Romanov skates well and Kulak can also fly.

Edmunson is not known as a slow dman, and I think Chiarot is alright too.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Lest we forget the Tsar!

Really its like we've added 5 players now

Cannot wait for the start of the season

yeah people need to consider we added Edmundson AND Romanov.

Weird how pumped people are about him yet few seem to include him in our list of additions to our team next year.

I don't know how good he'll be off the hop but I feel at the very least he can be an improvement to start.

Reactions: Redux91 and Gains

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
yeah people need to consider we added Edmundson AND Romanov.

Weird how pumped people are about him yet few seem to include him in our list of additions to our team next year.

I don't know how good he'll be off the hop but I feel at the very least he can be an improvement to start.

Well I think people are mainly pumped about him long term.

Management, at least, seems to be also pumped about him right off the hop.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lest we forget the Tsar!

Really its like we've added 5 players now

Cannot wait for the start of the season

Could almost add Evan's to the list. He only played 13 regular season game with us last year.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

I strongly disagree with the notion that you can't win with an old-school lineup. It's about effectiveness, not style. The league's trends may have shifted, but the rules haven't in large part. Soon enough, a team will build a big, punishing team and win, it'll be all the rage again.

Now, our defense is severely outclassed talent-wise by Colorado and Tampa. That's the issue. But dubbing a player worse than another on style makes little sense IMO.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Other than Kotkaniemi, Romanov is the other guy that could benefit a lot from playing somewhere before the season starts

I can't for the life of me understand why Mete and Juulsen aren't playing in Europe right now.

They've both lost development time

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Nice shot. Funny Insta account, they introduce the clip with bomb emoji, fire emoji and bicep emoji? :laugh:

There he's playing on the right. Pretty sure he starts on the right in MTL.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
"I wouldn't be surprised if Romanov plays himself into a top 4 role by the end of this season." -Mike Johnson

Offseason winners? Johnson starts with MTL then it's COL, BUF, FLA and VGK.

I like Johnson but let's be real he's a big Habs homer. In the TSN broadcasts anyways. Not that I disagree with him

Reactions: 70Stang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad