Alexander Nylander wants to be picked by Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
Alexander Nylander about where he hopes the summers draft will take him. :

"Toronto Maple Leafs, play with my brother, he he, it would be really awesome, it would be a dream."

Usually players are afraid of speaking out about what teams they do want to get drafted by. Not sure if it's the lack of media training or if it's just his blatant honesty that made him say it. Maybe it increases the chances of his dream coming true by saying it to the media.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I was away all day. It was broadcasted on swedish tv, during the intermission in todays game vs Slovakia.

Source (in swedish): http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/5675462/nylander-jag-kan-jobba-annu-hardare

OvenMittz*

If we draft lower than top5 we grab him.. I think there are players abover him

So far
Matthews
Laine/Pulji
Tkachuk?
Nylander?

Dwolf63

Jul 12, 2015
or hey trade down a couple of places, pick up an extra pick or two (only if at least a 2nd came back extra, or a good prospect, or multiple 3rds and 4ths otherwise not optimal)

or - what pits squeezes into the play offs - that would be what, the 15th pick? Add something to it, trade up and grab Nylander that way.

That way maybe you could get one of the consensus top 4 and still get Alex

start cheering for the Pens.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, I don't have a big issue with that. A really skilled guy. A couple Nylanders would be interesting to have.

Though agree he's not in my top 3, but with the Leafs....who knows we may be in the right spot to take him.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Depends what spot we get to pick at, Would be a good pick at the 6-8 range.. One of matthws,nylander or the 2 fins and id be happy

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean, he could just not signed with any NHL team and force a trade to us.

:sarcasm:

He's a great prospect though. If it makes sense I'm all for it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Id be very, very happy with him.

Though admittedly I've become quite smitten with the Fins.

The a leafs wth a top ten pick are going to get a fantastic player this year.

OvenMittz*

How the hell do you forget about the Chych train?

Chychrun over Nylander all day.

Your not wrong. I just haven't seen much of him and I'm going off hype..

I'm just iffy taking a defenseman that high, unless their Ekblad good.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
It's not nearly as controversial of a statement when he chooses Toronto because his brother is here. I'm sure he'd say the same thing if William was in any of the other 29 NHL cities.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I haven't paid attention to chychuran or other dmen but I have nylander 4th after the big 3 in Matt, and the Finns. Amazing talent and if he is half as dedicated to improving his weakness like Nylander he will become a great player.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Do you think Toronto still goes with him even if Laine was there by the time Leafs made their pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad