Player Discussion Alexander Formenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not only bottom 6; could be x-factor in stepping up to top 6 whenever injuries. Like he did when he looked really good alongside Norris and Tkachuk when Batherson went down.

I think we see him sign next year if there are no charges made. If he did everything they said he did, I don't even want him part of the team, no matter how effective he is. But I think it'll end up being more speculation than actual facts of what happened that night.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The only way we see him is if his name clear to be in this room, accusations or not

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Pretty crazy that the investigation is still going. I remember there was a user saying the guilty players were getting a 1 year suspension. Wonder if they count this year towards that.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I would love a daily report on what everyone involved has been doing during the course of this investigation.
Did they create full scale models of the bar and hotel rooms? Hire actors to recreate the entire evening in question?

Wtf could possibly take so long, especially given they had already done the original investigation…
Anyone on here a police detective?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At this point it feels like there's going to be no legal consequences for what was likely incredibly scummy but not criminal (or at least prosecutable) behavior from the players involved, but the NHL and the police don't want to face the backlash that would result from letting the players off.

If there's no concrete evidence of wrongdoing there's no way Formenton should be suspended, but I could still see it happening. NHL seems to be very concerned recently with it's public image and probably wouldn't hesitate to throw Formenton to the wolves to satisfy the mob.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Doesn't that mean he can't comment on that incident?

Why would that mean he can't comment on whether or not he plans to qualify him?
Alex Formenton doesn’t need to be given a QO. He will remain Sens property until he’s traded, waived or 2027.

At this point it feels like there's going to be no legal consequences for what was likely incredibly scummy but not criminal (or at least prosecutable) behavior from the players involved, but the NHL and the police don't want to face the backlash that would result from letting the players off.

If there's no concrete evidence of wrongdoing there's no way Formenton should be suspended, but I could still see it happening. NHL seems to be very concerned recently with it's public image and probably wouldn't hesitate to throw Formenton to the wolves to satisfy the mob.
Formenton has basically served his year suspension. If there aren’t charges laid I’m sure he will be back in the league next year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wonder if Formenton can sue someone for lost earnings and distress now that is proven the lost year is due to the incident.

If he is innocent obviously

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I wonder if Formenton can sue someone for lost earnings and distress now that is proven the lost year is due to the incident.

Nope. Once he turned down his QO the team had fulfilled the requirements to maintain his rights. Formenton could file for arbitration this off season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Formenton continues to be the only player being punished for the 2018 WJC team scandal in London.

For every other NHL player its life goes on.

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022

Who could he possibly sue? This was mob justice.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Formenton continues to be the only player being punished for the 2018 WJC team scandal in London.

For every other NHL player its life goes on.
I’ll be interested to see what happens with Mike McLeod whose contract is up. Will he get a QO ? Will he sign it to avoid the Formenton situation.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
London police believe they have ground to charge five players with sexual assault. I'd look for that to happen some time this summer.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
London police believe they have ground to charge five players with sexual assault. I'd look for that to happen some time this summer.
They said this a while ago. And Honeslty it was kind of wierd they said this at all during an ongoing investigation

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
The summer of questions about formenton.... Ugh.

The simple answer is: plan for him to not be on the team. If he's cleared of charges and can play, great. But he cannot and should not factor into any plans for next year until this all wraps up.

Since no one is privy to any additional information about what happened, where the investigation is at, or what may happen as an outcome, this thread is just gonna be a lot of speculating, hoping and copium. Be wary of anyone that speaks with any sense of authority without direct quotes or references from anyone connected to this. Because the odds are they don't know shit, and are just leaning into their preferred outcome while trying to sound like they know what's up...

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If I was Formenton’s agent I would file for arbitration to press the issue.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
They said this a while ago. And Honeslty it was kind of wierd they said this at all during an ongoing investigation

As far as I remember, they didn't say that had "grounds to make a charge". If they did, they would have charged the players.

They said that there was new evidence brought forward which led them to believe a crime could have been committed, and that's why they reopened the investigation. It was essentially a statement to say, "we're not just revisiting this because there's so much media attention"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad