Value of: Alex Petrovic to Oilers

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I like Bjugstad a lot, but with McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins, why would we need him? Who flips to the wing if we bring in Bjugstad?

Probably Draisaitl. Too many centers is a good thing.

Lucic McDavid Drai
Maroon RNH Pulju
Pouliot Bjugstad Caggiula/Yakupov

Could send out RNH for a top 4 RH PP QB and call up a winger from the farm too.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
How about,

Alex Petrovic and Joshua Brown to Edm

For

David Musil and Dillon Simpson to Fla

This deal would balance Edm's deficiency for RHD prospects and Fla's for LHD prospects.

David Musil is a good defender buried behind a mountain of LHD in Edmonton. Oilers management constant offense first philosophy I think has had him mistakenly over looked.

Value wise I think this is a good deal for both sides.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
How about,

Alex Petrovic and Joshua Brown to Edm

For

David Musil and Dillon Simpson to Fla

This deal would balance Edm's deficiency for RHD prospects and Fla's for LHD prospects.

David Musil is a good defender buried behind a mountain of LHD in Edmonton. Oilers management constant offense first philosophy I think has had him mistakenly over looked.

Value wise I think this is a good deal for both sides.

I would do this in a heartbeat so that is probably a big no no from Florida. Could add something to it for it to work but who knows what that could be.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I would do this in a heartbeat so that is probably a big no no from Florida. Could add something to it for it to work but who knows what that could be.

There's no add needed in this deal, David Musil will be a great bottom pairing dman. Only reason he hasn't played more than 4 games is because the Oilers front office was more worried about bringing up guys with a little more offense. Marincin, Klefbom, Nurse, Osterle just to name a few. I think he could start in the NHL on a bottom pairing d and do just fine.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Reinhart for Petrovic

Both have not turned the corner and each team needs the opposite shot D-man. It is not a good deal for EDM given what they paid for Reinhart but it fills out their D-men for the short term. Both teams will likely lose this D-man to Las Vegas as they are near the top of the likely available young d-men.

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Fayne
Davidson/Nurse Petrovic

It could be better, but i am hoping for Petrovic to push out Fayne.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
As a fan, Petrovic is definitely a player it wouldn't be too hard to trade. The only hesitation I might have is doing so would take away the most physical presence we have on the back-end (not that he can fight). Of the offers proposed, anything based around Reinhart or Yakupov would work. Musil doesn't seem interesting enough to bother with.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
As a fan, Petrovic is definitely a player it wouldn't be too hard to trade. The only hesitation I might have is doing so would take away the most physical presence we have on the back-end (not that he can fight). Of the offers proposed, anything based around Reinhart or Yakupov would work. Musil doesn't seem interesting enough to bother with.

It would be tough to make any trade with the Oilers around Reinhart or Yakupov.

Yak was a first overall pick and I don't think Chiarelli has given up on him and Reinhart was a 4th overall pick that the Oilers gave up a 1st(16th Mathew Barzal) and a second(33rd). I'm not even sure what would be involved for a fair deal with either of those two from the Oilers to acquire Petrovic.

My reasoning behind the Musil offer is I believe they're of equal value and each team could add in another just to balance off each others rosters.

I really can't wait to see Musil in the NHL full time and will get there. Oilers still haven't signed him and I wonder if it's because he wants a one way deal and the Oilers are being cheap and want him to accept a two way deal. He knows he's good enough to be in the NHL and probably wants to force Edmonton to sign him or deal him.

Maybe the Pathers could have gotten Musil if they kept James Wisniewski and traded him to the Oilers...lol. Probably not that far off from the truth. A deal for Petrovic I think would be in order for the Oilers if they don't resign Gryba or strike a deal with Wisniewski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad