Confirmed with Link: Alex Newhook: 4 years, 2.9 mill per

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I love these Kent Hughes 4 year contracts with these young breakout "candidate" players like Dach and Newhook. Small risk, but huge upside if they breakout, especially early in the contract.

I think at worst, he will be a 40-50 point player which is definitely worth 2.9 million per year, especially if he can play in all situations.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
I thought he was eligible to be UFA only in 2028?

This would take him 2027, so RFA.
He’ll be 27 by then yeah, but he’ll have played 7 seasons in 2027. Unless one of those seasons doesn’t count as ‘accrued’?

Edit:
Didn’t realise he played so few games in his first season (6), so I’m guessing that doesn’t count as a season.

Reactions: HabsQC

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Love it.
Balances showing the player the organization believes in him and is invested in the long term while setting the cap situation up beautifully even if all the player does is plateau at his current level... Which is very unlikely.

Also sets a good precedent for next batch of homegrown talent...

Hit top 6 level in your ELC, like CC, and you'll get your bank & term... Take a bit longer but show the work/attitude/patience, you'll still get some term & decent bank. Not the ridiculous bridge deal as a hammer stupidity of the MB era

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I like the 4 year committ with little financial risk moving forward. Shows a committed level on both sides to make this work.
Worth it. I like it. Seems fair

Reactions: cphabs and bopeep

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Cheap, versatile. 3-4th liner that can pk or pp2 for I imagine... Sounds like the new, younger, cheaper Byron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad