Alex Kerfoot - Harvard FWD

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
@DarrenDreger tells us if Harvard F Alex Kerfoot (of West Van) gets to free agency, he expects #Canucks to be a strong candidate to sign him

Kerfoot, 22, is a New Jersey Devils draft pick (2012 5th rd), a former @bchllive player with @BCHLExpress, and his father owns @WhitecapsFC

-Sekeres

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts
2010-11 Coquitlam Express BCHL 5 0 0 0
2011-12 Coquitlam Express BCHL 51 25 44 69
2012-13 Coquitlam Express BCHL 16 8 11 19
2013-14 Harvard University ECAC 25 8 6 14
2014-15 Harvard University ECAC 27 8 22 30
2015-16 Harvard University ECAC 33 4 30 34
2016-17 Harvard University ECAC 31 16 24 40

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
While signing college and CHL free agents is certainly a worthwhile endeavor it sure seems like the canucks are in on an awful lot of them. Makes you wonder if it wouldn't have been easy just to, I don't know, keep all those damn picks and collect other ones for the past 3 drafts. That way you can draft players that are likely of higher quality (overall) than this collection of free agents.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Stats look pretty good why not

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Another small, weak, physically adverse player. Are we trying to collect every sub 6' player in the league?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think if anyone signs here it's Kerfoot. Family lives in Whistler or somewhere around there, dad is involved with the Whitecaps.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I think if anyone signs here it's Kerfoot. Family lives in Whistler or somewhere around there, dad is involved with the Whitecaps.

Lives in West Van, they have a house with a hockey rink in Whistler, and Greg is the primary owner of the Whitecaps. Alex has a shot at making the NHL. Good skater, high IQ, good playmaker. He is pass first and not very big. He does have his weaknesses. I am pretty sure he will be testing free agency, but I really don't think he will sign here.

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
So... do we hop on the Kerfoot train? I'd rather we give this guy a shot than Megna.

He also played with Vesey last year... Kerfoot was also captain of the Harvard team. We could use all the help that we can get.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Just a few points.

His family is wealthy ... money is not going to be a big issue. (I have known a few NHL'ers who were the money for the family, not the case here).

I think he no longer has the place at Whistler ...

His dad is the principal owner of the Whitecaps.

He is likely not interested in pounding out a career in the minor leagues. I would love to see him on the Canucks, I think he could be a very smart C who can dish the puck. Which is exactly the main glowing hole in the Canucks futures dish right now.

His dad absolutely pounded me a few times, a much better hockey player than me. Sadly, his wife is a small lady who probably didn't add to genetic size thing working for the boys. So it goes.

Oh, and Greg was a very good hockey player in his own right.

Last edited:

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
We have a gaudette thread where some posters are freaked out about losing him in 2019 yet we want to talk about another teams prospect? Hmmm..

NJ has just the same opportunity for him that the Canucks present. Might be best for him to stay out of the pressure cooker of his hometown. Plus, look at how big the Pacific division opponents are compared to the metro division.

Pitt, wash, NYI, NYR, car, are not exactly the ducks or kings when it comes size.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Truthfully speaking I don't know anything about Kerfoot. He could be a worth while signing, who knows. But I'm absolutely shocked at the lack of size, grit and toughness going forward with this team. You simply cannot ice 12 forwards sub 6' and less than 190lbs. Unless those 12 players are all Patrick Kane's your team will get beaten to a pulp night in and night out. You need skilled players that can take abuse, use their body in the corners, force turnovers with body checks, stand up for them selfs, and out muscle average players of 6'2" 205lbs.

I mean, Kerfoot is small, and by all reports lacks any sort of physical play. YIKES

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Do we really need to be targeting specifically strong physical players like we did with virtanen?

Because Virtanen isn't panning out, we should therefore avoid physical players going forward? Okay I can play that game. We shouldn't target small skilled players, Schroeder didn't pan out.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Because Virtanen isn't panning out, we should therefore avoid physical players going forward? Okay I can play that game. We shouldn't target small skilled players, Schroeder didn't pan out.

Or how about just targeting good players and not caring if they are physical or strong or small as long as they can become a player. The last thing we should be doing is targeting or dismissing certain players because of size. If they are 6'5 great, if they are 5'10 so be it if they have the talent.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Or how about just targeting good players and not caring if they are physical or strong or small as long as they can become a player. The last thing we should be doing is targeting or dismissing certain players because of size. If they are 6'5 great, if they are 5'10 so be it if they have the talent.

Size counts. Size matters. I'm not suggesting signing Tom Sestito over Patrick Kane but you can only have so many undersized, weak, small players. You cannot succeed in a physical game with grown men the size of average 10th graders.

Kerfoot for example, is a small, weak, and timid player. We already have a stable loaded with players that size, do we need another?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Size counts. Size matters. I'm not suggesting signing Tom Sestito over Patrick Kane but you can only have so many undersized, weak, small players. You cannot succeed in a physical game with grown men the size of average 10th graders.

Kerfoot for example, is a small, weak, and timid player. We already have a stable loaded with players that size, do we need another?

Yeah if he works out will be good his stats look good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad