Confirmed with Link: Alex Jefferies LW 2020 4th rd pick

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
"Alex Jefferies shoots a lot of pucks. Not just in games, not just in practice, but all summer long.
And, no, before you ask, he doesn't shoot at a dryer like a certain Sidney Crosby did all those years ago while developing his legendary shot.
"No, I don't," he said with a laugh. "Just a net."
Jefferies, 18, is a right-shooting right wing from Lunenburg, Mass., in his second season with Gunnery, the prep school in Washington, Conn. His shot is a thing of budding legend. During the recent Avon Old Farms Christmas Classic tournament, he exhibited pinpoint accuracy against Kent in the final, sniping one goal from a tight angle that still hasn't been seen by the goalie".

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
This kid was the leading scorer on the Islanders Hockey Club (AAA) IN 2016, must be a good sign.

Seriously though, once you get this deep in the draft It's such a crapshoot. I kind of like that they are going off the board, Let's see how he performs in D1 hockey.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Watching final of Turkey Leg Classic between Merrimack and Bentley now (Merrimack eventually wins 4-3).

Through the first period I only noticed Jeffries one or two times and the Warriors were dominated by Bentley at times (Bentley led 2-1 after one).

Eventually, Jeffries scored the game winner, breaking a 3-3 tie; he assists on the two other Warrior goals.

His numbers are impressive to start the year but looking at the Merrimack schedule to this point only Maine stands out.

Jeffries is now in his senior year. Do the Islanders still have interest in signing him?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Watching final of Turkey Leg Classic between Merrimack and Bentley now (Merrimack eventually wins 4-3).

Through the first period I only noticed Jeffries one or two times and the Warriors were dominated by Bentley at times (Bentley led 2-1 after one).

Eventually, Jeffries scored the game winner, breaking a 3-3 tie; he assists on the two other Warrior goals.

His numbers are impressive to start the year but looking at the Merrimack schedule to this point only Maine stands out.

Jeffries is now in his senior year. Do the Islanders still have interest in signing him?
I would think he joins the organization when Merrimack's season is done. Whether that is on ATO with Bridgeport and then an ELC that starts in '24-25 or simply just an ELC remains to be seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad