Alex Grant ?!

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Can I have some comments on this kid playing with the Pathetic Saint John Sea Dogs in the Q ? I know that he was a first overall in the Q draft, but haven't heard any news on him since.... He was suppose to be a great player, solid all around Defencemen..... He is born in 1989 so basically, he is eligible in this year's draft, but how come I never heard of him in any news report ?! Where is he rank in the ISS, CSS or CSB rankings ?! How is he doing so far this year ?!

Thanks

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
easy exclamation marks, calm down, someone will give you an answer...i unfortunately cant help you on this one, but ive heard he is a guy that could slip into the late first round, or he could fall to the 3rd. i dunno

seadog

Nov 8, 2005
i seen him alot last year and he looked like a 16teen year old d-man playing against older kids.this year he started off slow but since the have way mark he has really come around.i think he would be a steal in the 3rd round. big kid who can put up points and also doesn't mind the rough stuff.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Last season, he was probably considered one of the top 2007 candidates for defensemen in the Q. This season, the other players have caught up to him. I think he may have gotten a little extra hype because he was forced into a larger then normal role at a young age with the Sea Dogs, but he's a decent prospect. Not sure where he'll go in the draft, but he'll be a solid pickup for whoever nabs him. I don't think he'll be anything extraordinary, but just a solid pick.

Blue Brigade

Oct 26, 2005
Oshawa
Alex is a solid young talent who has all the fundamental skill sets to become a solid NHL defenseman; size, vision and toughness. His stock has fallen this year and he will most likely be drafted in the middle rounds, either 4th or 5th would be my guess. Still Alex would be a very good choice and a steal for any team if he reaches his full potential. He might take a year or two longer to develop on an NHL farm team.

His teammate Yann Sauvé is also another good defensive prospect to keep an eye on heading into the 2008 draft.

turnbuckle*

I'll give you one of the quotes from an NHL scout that we published in this month's McKeen's Draft Digest (printed yesterday) -

"Has all the tools but no toolbox."

His hockey sense is a major question mark at this time, and if there's a major question mark about sense in junior......some teams like him enough to be considering late in the second or early in the third...others wouldn't touch him in the top four or five rounds from what I'm hearing..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad