Alex Galchenyuk Thread 7.0 - "Turns Rust To Gold?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Ok you guys be the judge, I tried but it wasn't clear enough for me to tell.

If it ends up not being a goal I will probably end up deleting this video because I don't want to confuse people with the title of the video.

Edit:
On second thought, I think Galchenyuk thinks he scored, otherwise why would he lead the march to the bench.

L4vK

Nov 25, 2009
Damn, he is now scoring at a 1.75ppg... 68g- 51g-68a-119 points !!!! :handclap:

That Timmins dude :shakehead

theOutsider

Jun 18, 2012
Gally points at the one who has created the scoring chance on the goals as a celebration, not necessarily at the one who has scored them.

L4vK

Nov 25, 2009
Gally points at the one who has created the scoring chance on the goals as a celebration, not necessarily at the one who has scored them.

Ur right, I use to do that when scoring on a nice set-up by someone IRL

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Totals for tonight;
23 shifts, 21:46 TOI
2 goals, 1 assist, +2
6 shots on net, 3 turnovers, 2 takeaways
4-for-4 in the face-off circle, 3 of 4 were won cleanly.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
Galchenyuk pointing to Murphy is probably him acknowledging the shot. He has done that many other times in other videos posted.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He clearly celebrated as though it was his goal. He was the first one out of the mob to high five his teammates on the bench. The point to Murphy was just an acknowledgement of a well placed shot.

hockeyjockey

Aug 1, 2007
has to be his goal... why would he celebrate in fasion of when he scores?

Ummm... yeah, what EP said! :)

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
4-2 win for Sarnia over Guelph. Galchenyuk picked up 2 goals and an assist.

Galchenyuk started off the game well I though. He made a nice pass with no space at all. His net shift he showed off some great hands then unleashed his shot, and then got hit behind the net. On the PK he had a great sequence of events. He stole the puck and carried it the other way. He shot the puck and it came right to him so he shot again, but nailed it off the crossbar. There was one particular sequence where he was great defensively, he tied his man up and protected the net well. However, for the rest of the first period he looked tired defensively. Often got caught up chasing the puck carrier and eventually slipped behind, essentially rendering himself useless. On the PP near the end of the period, he had a terrible cross ice feed, but then followed it up with a creative between the legs pass in front of the net. I really like, especially on the power play, how he goes to the front of the net. He looks very comfortable drifting from the corner, right to the front. His strength, skill, and size really make him hard to contain in front.

In the second Galchenyuk started out fantastically. He was playing the point of the PP and made a great little pass. He got the puck back and rifled a shot topshelf. Right after that goal, for about 10 minutes, he really struggled though. He didn't protect the puck with his body and lost it quite a few times. He looked lost defensively and did nothing with the puck. However, he made a great pass to Boucher. He then went right to the net where he made a nice little spin pass in traffic to Sarault from an easy goal. I still find that he does not protect the puck well enough with his body. It's not that he doesn't do it well when he does it, but for the most part I find he relies on his hands a bit too much.

Galchenyuk's third period was a bit worse. He had made some nice moves in the offensive zone, but then followed it up with a lazy pass. Eventually he dug the puck out and then made a pass. That pass lead to Murphy shooting the puck and Galchenyuk tipping it in. It was a great deflection. I don't think I've ever seen him score one of those before. Defensively, again, he looked tired and got beaten fairly easy. His positioning was good, but not as good as it normally is. I've mentioned it in the past, but his best defensive effort comes when he's playing centre. I think it has to do with the fact that he's required to be better defensively, so he can't get lazy and cheat like he can when he's on the wing.

Overall, I felt it was a fairly good performance from Galchenyuk tonight. He looked great at times, but wasn't consistent in that. It's been a bit of an issue all year with his shift-to-shift consistency, but it's not something to worry about. Defensively, he didn't have a particularly good game. Looked tired and seemed a lazy at times. He was fantastic in the faceoff dot tonight though. I think he went 4 for 4.

-This was Anthony DeAngelo's best game in a very long time. He has to keep playing like this, I'm really starting to lose faith in him.
-Charlie Sarault had a 4 point night. He was the best player on the ice tonight I thought. He was fantastic every shift he played.
-Bryan Moore fell of the face of the earth. He had a great point streak going on earlier in the year, but then suddenly got removed from his line for no reason. After that he seemed to completely lose his confidence, but his last couple games he looks like he has it back.
-Joshua Chapman had a great game tonight. He was physical and made some good plays. I liked his mobility.
-Jason Dickinson had an interesting game to say the least. He fell over twice, before eventually leaving the ice with what appeared to be an ankle injury. He eventually came back and then lost an edge twice more. He did have a few good offensive plays, liked a great play to get a partial break and nice pass that lead to a 2-on-1. His ankle looked like it was bothering him all night. His speed didn't really look affected, but his lateral movement and mobility really look hindered.
-Hunter Garlent was awesome tonight. It's a shame he only picked up 1 assist, I felt he could have had a more points. I completely forgot about this kid, he had a great rookie reason and is putting together a solid year currently.
-Robby Fabbri is great. He oozes hockey sense. A very bright future ahead of him.

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Tomorrow's Galchenyuk's last game before he leaves for the USA camp. Im guessing by the time he comes back Sarault will be leading the team in scoring.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
That's definitely his goal. You don't fist pump like that right after if you don't touch it somewhere along the way.

Another 3 point night, I love it. Bring on the WJC! "Road to the WJC" Edition!

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
That's definitely his goal. You don't fist pump like that right after if you don't touch it somewhere along the way.

Another 3 point night, I love it. Bring on the WJC! "Road to the WJC" Edition!

I like it :laugh:
"Road to the WJC" Edition
but maybe it will be
"Road to Canadiens Camps:sarcasm:" Edition

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
He is in the right mindset to head into the WJC that's for sure. Very nice goals.

But about that assist. He was swarmed by 3 enemy jerseys and he just let that casual pass float its way to Sarault after a 180 spin. HOW did he know?

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I wouldn't call the assist imaginative. He kinda whirled around trying to get the puck back on net and realized his teammate was in a better position to shoot then him. The speed at which he spun around and the way he protected the puck was more impressive in my eye.

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't call the assist imaginative. He kinda whirled around trying to get the puck back on net and realized his teammate was in a better position to shoot then him. The speed at which he spun around and the way he protected the puck was more impressive in my eye.

I like how the Guelph players ended up arrayed around the radius in which he turned, lol. Seeing Sarault was coming and dishing it off to him after having to concentrate on corralling the puck and rotate must have been a split second realization, which is pretty impressive. Actually, Boucher getting the puck out in front of the net was pretty nice even though it was a bit lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad