Alex Galchenyuk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

that would be too obvious a solution… trust in MT, clearly he knows better/know's what h's doing… if he thinks the solutions is more PP time & more patches time,

yeah he really showed that tonight hey.

Any time you can give up 39 shots to a bottom feeding team with your back up in nets is a great reminder of what a great coach you are in the nHL.

:laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
yeah he really showed that tonight hey.

Any time you can give up 39 shots to a bottom feeding team with your back up in nets is a great reminder of what a great coach you are in the nHL.

:laugh:

Zero accountability on the team. Sounds like TML fans when they said "Carlyle is the problem".

Such comedic gold now.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
One of the great things about Galchenyuk is that he's so talented/versatile that it allows him to play pretty much any forward position and always look good. This type of player is a very useful commodity when cases of injuries occur, as he can fill in instead of pretty much anyone on the top 6.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Not ready for center though, according to Therrien. Sheesh. Dunno what more he has to do.

As I've stated, Galchenyuk is versatile enough that he can play effectively at any forward position. He could do a better job than maybe all our centers, but they couldn't do a better job than he does at wing, hence he will be kept there until we find a suitable replacement for him at wing.

That's the way I see it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
As I've stated, Galchenyuk is versatile enough that he can play effectively at any forward position. He could do a better job than maybe all our centers, but they couldn't do a better job than he does at wing, hence he will be kept there until we find a suitable replacement for him at wing.

That's the way I see it.

what a ridiculous post. It's obvious that MT has a mandate for Galchenyuk to never play center because MT screwed our overachieving mediocre team 15 years ago.

I hate reading posts like this that don't have a mostly blind agenda

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

That's the way I see it.

It's easier to fill the wing than to get a top line centre.
Galchenyuk isn't "#1" centre yet, but he's not as far off as some make out on here. The longer we keep him at wing, the longer we delay his development into a true #1.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
It's easier to fill the wing than to get a top line centre.
Galchenyuk isn't "#1" centre yet, but he's not as far off as some make out on here. The longer we keep him at wing, the longer we delay his development into a true #1.

I agree that finding a #2 LW is easier than finding a #1 C, but since we don't have one yet, I don't mind having Chucky play everywhere.

Being a more versatile player, adding another string to his bow isn't necessarily a bad thing. Think of a guy like Pavelski, he can play C and RW, that just makes him a more complete and valuable player.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Not ready for center though, according to Therrien. Sheesh. Dunno what more he has to do.

Kid said he's more comfortable at center. (yeah I know they drugged him and forced him to say that).

Team said they like him on the wing now because it allows him to focus more on his offensive game.

We just went into one of the hardest buildings to win and embarassed them while Chucky scored 2 and added an assist.

He's looking more and more dangerous out there each game that goes by.

I'm sorry what exacly is the issue/problem here?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk at one point this season said he was comfortable at centre because it gave him space. Then he said, when the coach asked him to go back to wing, he said he was comfortable at wing.

Which is true? Sounds more like PR cliches to not start a controversy.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Galchenyuk at one point this season said he was comfortable at centre because it gave him space. Then he said, when the coach asked him to go back to wing, he said he was comfortable at wing.

I'm just saying what Nilan said on the radio. He told Nilan that I guess.

Anyway who cares?

What exactly is the big rush? He's looking amazing out there and the team is winning.

He's like 20 years old. No reason to burden him with defensive responsibilities of a center. Let him go out there, be loose and focus on creating offense.

There is no controversy or issue here.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

It just means Galchenyuk is comfortable at every position. If asked, he would play goalie as well and be comfortable with it. Have you ever put on goalie gear? It's very comfortable anyways. :laugh:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
There are only 3 forwards on this team that I am not concerned about what position or role they play in, and they are Plekanec, Pacioretty, and Galchenyuk. Those are 3 guys you can send out anywhere, anytime (especially if you can rock Subban-Markov for over 25 mins/game behind them). It's the rest of the lineup that's a mess of role uncertainty and misuse.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'm just saying what Nilan said on the radio. He told Nilan that I guess.

Anyway who cares?

What exactly is the big rush? He's looking amazing out there and the team is winning.

He's like 20 years old. No reason to burden him with defensive responsibilities of a center. Let him go out there, be loose and focus on creating offense.

There is no controversy or issue here.

:shakehead

Let me ask you this question, What issue do you have with him playing at centre? We don't have a true top line centre, but we are choosing to halt the development of one of the best prospects at that position that we've had in years? Why?

He was effective at centre....so what reasoning (other than what Therrien says) do you have?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
he looks better on rw considering he is a leftie dont just make him a center for the sake of it

he proved again he hasnt evenr eached 30% of his potential his shot is damn deadly

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
There are only 3 forwards on this team that I am not concerned about what position or role they play in, and they are Plekanec, Pacioretty, and Galchenyuk. Those are 3 guys you can send out anywhere, anytime (especially if you can rock Subban-Markov for over 25 mins/game behind them). It's the rest of the lineup that's a mess of role uncertainty and misuse.

I think we should care more about the roles of our top 3 forwards than anyone else.

Sliding those 3 into the right positions makes a ton of difference to our line-ups.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I think we should care more about the roles of our top 3 forwards than anyone else.

Sliding those 3 into the right positions makes a ton of difference to our line-ups.

I don't disagree with that, per se. But depending on what you've got to work with, I think how these three guys in particular slot in is the least of the worries because of the versatility and depth/breadth of their skill sets. Heck, I'd even load up a Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galchenyuk line for 1st periods to see if our early game scoring can pick up, and take some of the pressure off Price. Surely there's at least one other line that can be assembled to follow up with some modicum of offensive ability without getting burned too hard the other way, but which of our three remaining 4th lines do you choose? :sarcasm:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't disagree with that, per se. But depending on what you've got to work with, I think how these three guys in particular slot in is the least of the worries because of the versatility and depth/breadth of their skill sets. Heck, I'd even load up a Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galchenyuk line for 1st periods to see if our early game scoring can pick up, and take some of the pressure off Price. Surely there's at least one other line that can be assembled to follow up with some modicum of offensive ability without getting burned too hard the other way, but which of our three remaining 4th lines do you choose? :sarcasm:

I'm not saying our lineup has no faults. We need to add, a fairly substantially.

However, keeping our best centre prospect in years in his off position isn't good for us long term.

The wings should be the last thing we build this team around.
Goalie
Defence
Centre

Those are the positions you build a winning team from imo.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'm not saying our lineup has no faults. We need to add, a fairly substantially.

However, keeping our best centre prospect in years in his off position isn't good for us long term.

The wings should be the last thing we build this team around.
Goalie
Defence
Centre

Those are the positions you build a winning team from imo.

I agree.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
It just means Galchenyuk is comfortable at every position. If asked, he would play goalie as well and be comfortable with it. Have you ever put on goalie gear? It's very comfortable anyways. :laugh:

Yeah until the pucks start flying at your head. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot