News Article: Alex DeBrincat hopes for easy Blackhawks negotiation

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My expectations for prospects are waning. How many would have said no to keeping CdH or Maatta this time last year because we have Jokiharju in the system?

These kids haven’t proven anything yet and I don’t think they should be penciled into anyone’s lineups

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
At least it’s a guy who has never played a game in the nhl that is going to completely replace production of a guy that’s yet to play a game for this team.

I’m a huge Ian Mitchell fan but you have to understand that this is a ridiclous premise. We have no idea the impact that DeHaan is going to make on the team just yet. But if he plays up to potential he’s a high end two way second pairing defensman. If the hawks get back into the playoffs with help of a revamped D, are we really going to be looking to dump a good d man in his prime on a reasonable deal for a rookie? Highly doubt it. That’s why I’m just saying let this play out for a bit before you make claims of guys being replacble. Gotta see what they actually bring to this team first.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
My expectations for prospects are waning. How many would have said no to keeping CdH or Maatta this time last year because we have Jokiharju in the system?

These kids haven’t proven anything yet and I don’t think they should be penciled into anyone’s lineups
They should have just signed de Haan last year. Boqvist is special you don't have to worry about him. He's going to take time to be a finished product. Mitchell I'm not nearly as high on but do you want to keep Strome and DeBrincat or not? Either Saad, Maatta or de Haan has to go, and probably two of them.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
At least it’s a guy who has never played a game in the nhl that is going to completely replace production of a guy that’s yet to play a game for this team.

I’m a huge Ian Mitchell fan but you have to understand that this is a ridiclous premise. We have no idea the impact that DeHaan is going to make on the team just yet. But if he plays up to potential he’s a high end two way second pairing defensman. If the hawks get back into the playoffs with help of a revamped D, are we really going to be looking to dump a good d man in his prime on a reasonable deal for a rookie? Highly doubt it. That’s why I’m just saying let this play out for a bit before you make claims of guys being replacble. Gotta see what they actually bring to this team first.
No I get it, I really like de Haan and Maatta but one of them and Saad has to go to keep the more important players. If Strome has a down year we might be able to keep both D. It's just the reality of the Seabrook mistake. He's not movable for 2 more seasons after this one. In a perfect world Seabrook wouldn't be here, but this isn't that world. You only consider moving Keith if Gustafsson has another 60 point season and wants to stay for $6-6.5M, which is unlikely.

I don't want to replace them, but do you guys want to keep the young talent they've accumulated or not? I'm assuming 19/88/2/7 are going nowhere. If Nylander is good, you have to worry about him after 20-21 as well.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

interesting, because Musto has been telling us for more than a year now that Mitchell is a future #1 and is a better prospect than Boqvist.

who to trust?

upload_2019-9-28_19-37-0.gif

Reactions: RayP

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
We can allow ourselves to being in both Mitchell and Boqvist next year, but it's only if we keep steady guys like Murphy, de Haan and Maatta, not if we move them out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad