Confirmed with Link: Alex BURROWS traded to Ottawa for Dahlen | Signed to speculated extension 2x2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Wasn't Dahlen supposed to be great? He is doing great this year. Was he injured or something ? Didn't get a long with the manager?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think people are overreacting a little bit as far as Dahlen's future potential but it doesn't appear to be great asset management.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seriously hate Dorion so much now. Hope Dahlen will become another Filip Forsberg. In your face.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Its Alex ****ing Burrows, he's an almost nothing player nowadays.

Benning could have asked for Dahlen, all Pierre had to do was say No and offer him Lajoie + a mid pick and that would have gotten it done.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
First reaction was, do we have another Dhalen?

My first reaction was: OK what else?

Assuming this trade goes through with only these 2 parts - my thoughts going forward will be: "my god Dorion is a fool and following the Senators is going to be like standing on a landmine just waiting for it to go off".

The impact of this trade will be minimal in all likelihood but it's about the message being sent... and that message isn't "lets go on a run in the next 2/3 years!", it's "LOL I DONT KNOW HOW TO VALUE THINGS PROPERLY AND I AM NOT PREPARED".

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sweet! I love Burrows, looks like we're gearing up!

Time to stop fawning over the overseas projects and get excited about the team in front of us. Burrows in our bottom six makes us such a better team right now, than a Euro project who may make the NHL in a few years.

I wonder what's next :)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Would not of done the trade. Hope Burrows can put up 30 points a year over his contract well giving good defense. Hope Dorion thinks that theres something about Dahlen game that wont improve and he wont be anything

Last edited:

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

Time to stop fawning over the overseas projects and get excited about the team in front of us. Burrows in our bottom six makes us such a better team right now, than a Euro project who may make the NHL in a few years.

The world ending seems more and more likely given the state of things in the world.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I can at least understand the logic of financially motivated trades.

But this? Nah.

Oct 10, 2010
I think people are overreacting a little bit as far as Dahlen's future potential but it doesn't appear to be great asset management.

I think so as well. But **** me, i rather hang onto him if it means trading for a 35-year old and signing him for 2 more years.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

So would you agree to trade White or Chabot for Duchene? I just want to understand which direction people want to go in.

I also find it hard to believe Dahlen couldn't have gotten us Hanzal or a similar player.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I can at least understand the logic of financially motivated trades.

But this? Nah.

I just want to make it clear: I had no problem with Brassard, Condon, Prince or Puempel.

The magnitude of this trade isn't very high. It's not going to screw our future. But like I said - it's about the message being sent. The message of "LOL I don't know what I'm doing".

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If we had given a nothing pick for him maybe I wouldn't be too bothered, but giving up any prospect of value for a guy at the tail-end of his career who I also happen to dislike AND giving him an extension?

There's nothing good about this deal. Dorion what are you thinking here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad