Injury Report: Alec Martinez Finger Surgery (No Timetable for Return)

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Best case scenario we're ****ed short term while Martinez is out.

Worst case scenario is LTIR for who knows how long--though that comes with minor cap relief and the potential ability to send down McBain and bring up whoever 550 + 1.1 can get us.

This season sucks.

No Kidding,
Injuries happening like they are, Sutter would be wise to stand further back behind that bench due to possibility of flying pucks. sheesh

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
To be completely honest - while the defense has been horribad and the offense has been non-existent, we don't actually look that bad. All things considered. Yes we're playing poorly, but regarding what we've been missing, it's not as bad as I would have thought. This should allow us to at least call up Schultz.

The Kings will still make the playoffs and everything will be fine in April, but damn, we're gonna watch some ugly hockey in the coming weeks.

Post of the day award for staying positive while facing impending doom. :handclap:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Having a ****** season wouldn't be the worst thing for this team. No playoffs = rest and having a black hole pick in a deep draft would be a nice chance to reload the prospect pool.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
This team will never miss the playoffs. This guy won't let it happen.

i

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Having a ****** season wouldn't be the worst thing for this team. No playoffs = rest and having a black hole pick in a deep draft would be a nice chance to reload the prospect pool.

Prospects aren't ready for years. Unless you somehow land a Top five pick. This is not something to strive for with a Stanley Cup roster, with players in their prime.

T2M

Jan 28, 2004
Prospects aren't ready for years. Unless you somehow land a Top five pick. This is not something to strive for with a Stanley Cup roster, with players in their prime.

To be fair, in the next couple of years one of these seasons is going to be bad because, assuming a long cup run this year, we'll have played 5 seasons in 4 years. That's going to wear and tear on bodies. Being forced to play short-handed so that its fair for the rest of the league isn't helping things (yes, that's how I'm choosing to define the Voynov situation for now).

scryan

May 1, 2013
**** it, we should just win the Stanly Cup every other year.... We don't need all of them.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
At this point all I care for is for them to make the playoffs, just stay healthy when they get there.

Get the injuries out of the way now!

These two; I much rather see the Kings make it to the playoffs at full strength than see them exposed, just like what happened back in 2011. :shakehead :help:

**** it, we should just win the Stanly Cup every other year.... We don't need all of them.

That might make the Kings look bad, when aspiring to be a Benchmark team. :shakehead:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad