Nov 19, 2012
Cool name at least.

Cool logo too
Alaska-Aces.gif

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well at least we don't have to worry about any of our players becoming alcoholics.

...:sarcasm:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Nice, now Troy Ward can threaten to banish our prospects to Alaska if they don't perform!

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Nice, now Troy Ward can threaten to banish our prospects to Alaska if they don't perform!

Where's the threat? The players would probably get better coaching in Alaska. From what I've read Rob Murray seems like a pretty experienced and sensible guy. All of the prospects should all be praying they get sent there.

It looks like a good hockey spot too. Anchorage boys grow up there, come back to play and some of them even wind up coaching there. I don't think that happens in a poor market.

Maybe the Flames should make Alaska their AHL affiliate.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Where's the threat? The players would probably get better coaching in Alaska. From what I've read Rob Murray seems like a pretty experienced and sensible guy. All of the prospects should all be praying they get sent there.

It looks like a good hockey spot too. Anchorage boys grow up there, come back to play and some of them even wind up coaching there. I don't think that happens in a poor market.

Maybe the Flames should make Alaska their AHL affiliate.

'twas a joke my friend. My uncle used to threaten his kids by saying he would "pack them up and send em to Alaska" if they didnt smarten up.. You have no clue what I would give to play hockey for a living in Alaska, absolutely beautiful

Mar 1, 2013
Toronto
I'm sure Alaska is very beautiful. But can they even afford airplanes in the ECHL? That'd be an incredibly long drive to every game.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
'twas a joke my friend. My uncle used to threaten his kids by saying he would "pack them up and send em to Alaska" if they didnt smarten up.. You have no clue what I would give to play hockey for a living in Alaska, absolutely beautiful

It looks like the university teams attract some decent talent too.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm sure Alaska is very beautiful. But can they even afford airplanes in the ECHL? That'd be an incredibly long drive to every game.

There is no way they would drive from Alaska to Las Vegas, Cincinnati, San Francisco, etc. Way to much time on the road. The team would go crazy. :laugh:

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012

You'd be surprised how much money ECHL teams make. Alaska is flying every game but are always a competitive team playing in front of about 5,000 which is among the top.

IrascibleOne

Sep 14, 2005
Anchorage, AK
I got super pumped until I realized that I was thinking of the Nanooks. Then, crippling disappointment.

There's no reason for Flames fans to be disappointed, as Alaska is a well run, consistently competitive franchise. They have a history of being an organization that does a very good job of developing young players, as well.

Honestly, if anyone should be disappointed, it's Alaska fans. Any players getting a call up to the Heat will be stuck playing for Troy Ward. Now that's something to be disappointed about.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's no reason for Flames fans to be disappointed, as Alaska is a well run, consistently competitive franchise. They have a history of being an organization that does a very good job of developing young players, as well.

Honestly, if anyone should be disappointed, it's Alaska fans. Any players getting a call up to the Heat will be stuck playing for Troy Ward. Now that's something to be disappointed about.

Only until Ftorek supplants him, that is.

3vkiws.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad