Recalled/Assigned: Alan Quine Recalled from Bridgeport (Conditioning Stint Completed)

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011

Quine recalled from AHL as his conditioning stint was terminated.

Edited because I was speaking with incomplete info and negligence. Isles roster was at 22 before this (Quine technically on roster already) so no corresponding move is needed.

Last edited:

Baeron

Jun 28, 2011

Isles have recalled Alan Quine from Bridgeport as his conditioning stint has come to an end.

Awaiting word on the corresponding roster move. Hopeful that it is a Chimera/Seidenberg waiving and not a Beauvillier demotion.

Isn‘t Kulemin down?

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Isn‘t Kulemin down?

He left the game last night but he will still take up a roster spot unless he is added to the IR. So whether he is out a few days or out a few weeks/months will make a big difference.

EDIT: Uninformed. Isles roster was at 22 (not includign Quine) so no roster move needed. If Kulemin were to go to IR, (possible concussion/upper body) would probably means JHS is back int he mix.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
how come Ho-Sang is not recalled? he is the only one that the fans are aware can actually improve the team

Reactions: bigtim1988

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
how come Ho-Sang is not recalled? he is the only one that the fans are aware can actually improve the team

Quine was technically already on the roster. He would need waivers to play in AHL past his conditioning assignment, so he's the logical option. If Kulemin were to go to IR (aka if his injury will keep him out for an extended period) the JHS will come up.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
THank god -- now the team is complete.

Strummer -- make sure I tell you the "Alan Quine" story from my trip to Vancouver. Its a keeper!

Reactions: Strummergas

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The missing piece to the puzzle!!!

Quine was technically already on the roster. He would need waivers to play in AHL past his conditioning assignment, so he's the logical option. If Kulemin were to go to IR (aka if his injury will keep him out for an extended period) the JHS will come up.

I think you're both missing the real answer, Ross Johnston!

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Honestly, rather him playing than Chimmer right now, especially after last night. He was already on the roster, so there was no need for him to be"recalled" in the traditional sense.

If Kulimen's injury is bad, which it looks like it is, then hopefully Ho-Sang gets back up here.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
According to Art's Twitter Kulemin was placed on IR . . . about 20 minutes ago is the tweet

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
The SoundTigers are playing right now, so I would expect Ho-Sang to be recalled when their game is over.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Blah to Kuli on the IR. He's one of our best defensive forwards and PK'ers. But if given the choice between losing a 4th liner versus a Dman or top-9'er (not named Chimera); I'll take it.

majormet gets his boy back!

Reactions: majormet

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Roster move was not needed for this, BUT Kulemin has been placed on IR. With that in mind, he'll definitely miss a significant amount of time. If it was short term, I'd think someone like Bernier or Gionta might be the answer, even Easnor to see if he can do something, but knowing this very well could be a lengthy stay on the IR for Kulemin, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be JHS. It really has to be. Team is much better with Chimera on the 4th and Ho-Sang with Nelson and Beau.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Weight said Quine is going to play Friday. Doubt JHS gets called up.

Weight on Quine: "Alan’s really grown as far as his strength and his skating. I would definitely plan on seeing Alan on Friday." #Isles

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Man went through 2 pairs of underwear, first with the news and then Weight's comments, all kinds of fluids LOL

Seriously, he will surprise, as much as I overhype, you will see a much better Ladd and Chimera now because of Quine.

The extra forward is going to be Gionta, that is my guess, no sense bringing someone young up that won't play

Lee/JT/Bailey
Jane/Messiah/Eberle
Ladd/Quine/Methusaleh
Beau/Cizikas/Ron Jeremy

We are all set LOL

Reactions: Strummergas

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The SoundTigers are playing right now, so I would expect Ho-Sang to be recalled when their game is over.

I don't think he gets recalled, Kulemin is a left wing, and the 13th forward at this point has to be a guy that is strictly a backup, if we lost a top 6 player JHS gets the call, but we lost the Papadopolous of the Islanders

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Man went through 2 pairs of underwear, first with the news and then Weight's comments, all kinds of fluids LOL

Seriously, he will surprise, as much as I overhype, you will see a much better Ladd and Chimera now because of Quine.

The extra forward is going to be Gionta, that is my guess, no sense bringing someone young up that won't play

Lee/JT/Bailey
Jane/Messiah/Eberle
Ladd/Quine/Methusaleh
Beau/Cizikas/Ron Jeremy

We are all set LOL
Gionta is hurt. He's been out at least 2 weeks.

If you feel the need to call up a scrub why not call up Steve Bernier. At least he goes to the net.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Gionta is hurt. He's been out at least 2 weeks.

If you feel the need to call up a scrub why not call up Steve Bernier. At least he goes to the net.

I like Bernier actually... as the 13th man... just was saying that Bernier/Gionta is more suited for 13th man than MDC or someone in development

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00