NCAA: Alabama is the 2016 SEC champion!

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
What circumstances are those?

LSU's administration(in publicly released emails), the media that covers that program, and fans widely criticizing UF for not playing the weekend when Hurricane Matthew hit other parts of Florida in mid October. If the hurricane hadn't moved late emergency services around Gainesville would likely have been needed in places like Jacksonville that weekend. They claimed UF was scared for not playing when UF had injuries(Leonard Fournette was not expected to play that weekend as well so LSU had injuries as well). LSU drew a line in the sand and wasn't going to play this weekend in Gainesville even though that's where it was originally scheduled. UF gave in and agreed to move the game to Baton Rogue in exchange for next year's game being moved to Gainesville. UF came into the game more banged up than they did in October missing their top 3 tacklers and a few other starters so few people gave them a chance. One last thing was LSU's DBs interrupted UF's warmups by getting in the way of their drills which started a scrum after their team took shots at UF through the media all week. It was just a complete lack of respect from LSU for over a month.

I try to be unbiased on this board and that paragraph may come off as homerish. I'll agree that UF should've been better prepared in any scenario for that hurricane but that's bigger than a football game. It's just a lot of BS from their side for over a month that got myself, other Gator fans, and the program ticked off. I've seen UF have bigger wins but I don't think I've ever been as fired up after a play as I was on that fourth down stop. It felt really good to stick it to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad