Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Utica Comets (5 - 4) Laval Rocket

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
uti14_200-150x150.png
lav17_200-150x150.png

DtWOjeyX4AAqcaf.png

DtWlR82VAAEdyxn.jpg

Teddy toss night as soon as Rocket scores their first goal.

I just got home from work so I didn't get a chance to make a GDT for Laval's game that is televised again today.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Same stuff, different year in as the Habs AHL farm teams just don’t have the horses and don’t measure up.

Every team gets call ups and Laval just got two NHL pieces on D but they just don’t have what it takes. Sad to watch

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Same stuff, different year in as the Habs AHL farm teams just don’t have the horses and don’t measure up.

Every team gets call ups and Laval just got two NHL pieces on D but they just don’t have what it takes. Sad to watch

That's the thing. The rocket have good AHL pieces, they're just not winning.

Shinkaruk is a decent AHLer, Grenier usually gets 40+ points. Evans should do well(and is) for us. McCarron should be a decent player for us.

A lot of players are playing below what they're normally able to. If we suck, but develop our young guys, then it's a win, but a winning culture helps, too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Utica makes it 2-1 on the PP. Lindgren just made an amazing save. But the puck stayed in the zone and they were able to score on a rebound.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval ties it 2-2. Culkin picks up a beautiful feed from McCarron from behind the net.

Two assists for McCarron today. I've liked Culkin since they called him up from Maine. I think Plant needs to be sent to the ECHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh man, Shinkaruk pulled a Deslauriers. Beautifully set up on the side of the net with it wide open and he sends it through the crease instead.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Utica makes it 3-2 with 35 seconds left in the second period. Right off the face-off, McEwan takes a sweet wrister through a lot of bodies to the top corner. Lindgren was pretty much screened by everyone who was battling off the face-off.

And Laval will get a PP with 5 seconds left. They'll be starting the third with the man advantage.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Laval ties it 2-2. Culkin picks up a beautiful feed from McCarron from behind the net.

Two assists for McCarron today. I've liked Culkin since they called him up from Maine. I think Plant needs to be sent to the ECHL.

So Macauley remorphed into a hockey player, eh...interesting experiment.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe McCarron needed someone like Bouchard to help him round out his game

He's one we can see that Bouchard has had an impact on. It also helped that McCarron worked on his skating this off-season. In the AHL, you can see the difference. We don't notice it much in the NHL. But at this level, you can tell.

Reactions: Tyson and montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh man, Jevpalovs gets robbed by Bachman point blank. Mete with a beautiful set up there as he went deep into the offensive zone and behind the goal's red line.

Reactions: DAChampion

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He's one we can see that Bouchard has had an impact on. It also helped that McCarron worked on his skating this off-season. In the AHL, you can see the difference. We don't notice it much in the NHL. But at this level, you can tell.

Was about to say the clips show him with some decent speed for a big man.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bachman with another big save on Jevpalovs. A great play by Evans and Froese to set Jevpalovs up.

And just before that play, Lindgren with a huge save.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
To bad it seems like his stats haven't. 23 years old with .5 ppg in AHL isn't very promising, snakebitten PP or not.

Yea, the points haven't always been there. But even in games where he doesn't produce, you notice him out there with his physicality and his long reach helping in the forecheck. There are games he's invisible, as well.

But overall, a good season by McCarron.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad