Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Lehigh Valley Phantoms (3 - 2 [OT]). Laval Rocket

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Really bad timing to get called for a penalty by Vejdemo. 2 and a half minutes left in the game and Lehigh Valley gets a PP. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull Hart at some point to make it 6-on-4.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lots of traffic in front of Lindgren as LHV ties it with 55 seconds left.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Blatant missed call by the refs. Froese had his stick held for a few seconds behind the Phantoms' net in front of the ref. But no call.

OT coming up.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Earlier as the LHV was on a 6 on 4, with a faceoff inside Laval's zone, Bouchard called on McCarron to take the faceoff. McCarron is earning some added responsibilities.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Blatant missed call by the refs. Froese had his stick held for a few seconds behind the Phantoms' net in front of the ref. But no call.

OT coming up.

Froese hit someone along the boards, who didn't have the puck -- was that the guy who held his stick behind the net?

What is this -- an LHV player gave Lindgren a pretty aggressive shove. How did Lindgren's teammates not all jump the guy? Jeez.

Reactions: jaffy27

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You know you are weak on D when Maxim Lamarche leads the way....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nicolas Aubé-Kubel de Sorel envoie le Rocket aux poubelles.

Reactions: jaffy27

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So just do I understand they sent mete down to work his offensive game and get confidence but the team he went to has an abysmal PP?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Some more from Bouchard on Mete: he says that we shouldn't forget that he was a 4th round pick. He beat the odds in making the NHL last season at 19. But being in the AHL at 20 is nothing dramatic.

Everybody wanted Bouchard. He may be a great coach in many respects, but he has a big mouth a la Therrien and he should shut the hell up. And this isnt the first time, I am disliking this guy.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Everybody wanted Bouchard. He may be a great coach in many respects, but he has a big mouth a la Therrien and he should shut the hell up. And this isnt the first time, I am disliking this guy.

Woah What did he say that was so wrong

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Woah What did he say that was so wrong

I have a hair trigger on this.

Fans were trashing Patrice Brisbois and Gainey told them to stay home. Price has had a real past couple of years and everybody has been pretty protective of him. That's what I like.

All those in an organization need to have each others back. I am not saying general statements about the team needing to play better or if asked by media about a specific player saying he needs to work on a thing or two are out of order.

I remember AK46 having a great start to the year and when asked about it, Jacques Martin spat out " contract year".

I think Julien is not so bad, but we have had coaches like JM and MT , and our current GM who have been just brutal on certain players. I see this as being divisive and does not help build the togetherness of a team.

So when the team had a horrible 2017-2018 did players say that it was because the GM messed up by not signing Markov and Rads ?

After a loss do players say it was because the team was outcoached as MT was unable to keep up with the other teams in game adjustments ?

No to both.

I dont think players should be trashed. You want to trade them? Trade them. Dont talk down their value, it's stupid.

Anyway, my two cents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad