Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Toronto Marlies (Big Game! Huge Win: Laval Wins 2-1)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Less than about 100 tickets available for today's game. Looks like it will be a sell out, the second time this season. And the second time in 3 weeks. It was a sell out on January 31st against Belleville.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just posted the lines in the OP. McNiven again serving as the back up. Lord please let this be legitimately it for Kinkaid.

Olofsson is put on the top pair with Brook since Alzner is not there today. Halbert paired with Lamarche and Culkin with Fleury.

Blandisi not playing after he got hurt last night. Waked inserted in the line-up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just checked the standings. Not looking good at all for the Rocket.

it's not looking good.

offense - they have only 1 line scoring mainly, they badly need some secondary scoring and don't have 3 of their top scorers plus no Belzile or Varone and Peca sucks. Their 6th leading scorer among active players is ice cold (Vejdemo) so that doesn't hep matters either.

defense - very depleted right now, Fleury needs to start making much better decisions.

goaltending - it's been inconsistent, they badly need Primeau to lock down the starting job and for Kinkaid to never play again.

the good news is that the prospects are playing in key roles and getting the quality ice time. Kotka, Primeau, Brook, Evans, Fleury, and Poehling all get a lot of TOI.

Reactions: DangerDave

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good start by Laval. That was a nice shift by Poehling's line with Dauphin and Lynch. Hudon earlier tried to set Evans up in front of the net, but Hutchinson got in front of the puck and kicked it away.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Shouldn't a farm team for the Leafs be called the Seeds or something?

Laval going on the PP because someone hit Hudon from behind.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Wow Peca almost did something.

Is there a reason as to why he's so bad this year? I haven't followed Laval much so that's why I'm asking. He wasn't earth shattering last year with the habs, but he had wheels and wasn't all that bad. Had a tremendous training camp last year too. Seems like a strong regression this year.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is there a reason as to why he's so bad this year? I haven't followed Laval much so that's why I'm asking. He wasn't earth shattering last year with the habs, but he had wheels and wasn't all that bad. Had a tremendous training camp last year too. Seems like a strong regression this year.

I don't know, sorry. People are saying that he's bitter from not being on the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad