AHL All-Star competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

IkeaMonkey*

Hmmmm this is weird.....the league didnt get a day off from games??? Was there no skills competition???? I went to the game in Portland last year, I know there were no games the day before and their was a skills comp the day before the AS game...

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
For those of you who get Fox Sports Detroit. The Skills Comp is on at 2 AM EST

so looks like i gotta stay up lol

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Anton Babchuk, 19 years old wins hardest shot competition(96.3).

He will have the hardest shot in the NHL in 3 years.. Darn Mike Smith and his russians......... ;)

-fullmetalninja

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
fullmetalninja said:

He will have the hardest shot in the NHL in 3 years.. Darn Mike Smith and his russians......... ;)

-fullmetalninja
how about the other challenge ?

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
fullmetalninja said:

-fullmetalninja

In 3 years, the guys blasting 100+ will still be better than Babchuk. He's going to have a great shot, but 96.3 is what happens when MacInnis' stick breaks ;)

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
FacelessButcher said:
Didn't get a chance to watch can someone share a few more notable events and how was Lynch?

A couple of the guys on the Preds board watched it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind answering a few questions. Hopefully, I'll be watching the tape in about a week and can comment as well.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
FacelessButcher said:
Didn't get a chance to watch can someone share a few more notable events and how was Lynch?

he didn't really compete in enough to get a good chance.

honestly, the guys that stood out the most

Mike Zigomanis(WOW, that guy has some moves)
Ryan Miller(best all-around goaltender)
David LaNeveu(not far behind)
Ratislav Stana(not far behind, either)
Timofei Shishkanov(not even being a homer...scored two dazzling goals, as well as a pretty good showing in the puck-control relay)
Nathan Robinson(WOW, fast...hated to see him go down with a groin injury)

I had looked forward to seeing guys like Balej and Zalesak....but was kind of disappointed overall by these two. Kyle Wanvig and Eric Perrin each had a solid goal..but were otherwise pretty invisible.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Nathan Robinson(WOW, fast...hated to see him go down with a groin injury)

Yeah he has blazing speed. Yet another guy who was looked over because of his size. A great FA signing by the Wings. I liked what i saw when he came up for a few games. Even though he is small, he didn't let anyone push him around. Maybe he'll earn an NHL job next season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Zigomanis and Miller stuck out the most to me. Plekanec scored a nice breakaway goal as did Zigomanis. Miller was stopping everything, while Dubewicz (I know I spelled it wrong) looked so bad.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
montreal said:
...while Dubewicz (I know I spelled it wrong) looked so bad.

To be fair to him, he was hooked up with a microphone and the announcers thought it would be a great idea to ask him questions while he was in the middle of his competitions. He didn't look focused at all and I'm not surprised.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
The All-Star game was a blowout as Canada beat Planet USA 9-5. There were some nasty numbers on the US side.

Josef Balej, 0 points, -5
Tomas Plekanec, 0 points, -5
Garrett Stafford, 0 points, -4
Miro Zalesak, 0 points, -4.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
SmokeyClause said:
The All-Star game was a blowout as Canada beat Planet USA 9-5. There were some nasty numbers on the US side.

Josef Balej, 0 points, -5
Tomas Plekanec, 0 points, -5
Garrett Stafford, 0 points, -4
Miro Zalesak, 0 points, -4.

Yeah, they did lose big, but that Hudler to Rosa goal was pretty sweet. :handclap:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Hopefully, this can get Mike Zigomanis some exposure on these boards. He's very often overlooked as a very legitimate prospect for the 'Canes organization and i'm glad he took advantage of his opportunity to play well! Congrats, Ziggy. The kid is going to be a player.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Caniacforever said:
Hopefully, this can get Mike Zigomanis some exposure on these boards. He's very often overlooked as a very legitimate prospect for the 'Canes organization and i'm glad he took advantage of his opportunity to play well! Congrats, Ziggy. The kid is going to be a player.

I hope you're right about that. If Lavs decided that Vasicek is more usefull as a winger then I think Zigs would be a good #2 behind Staal on the depth charts. I've also heard that he has been getting powerplay time on the point in Lowell... something the Canes could use for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad