Line Combos: Agostino?

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Top six for the Wolves. Possible first callup when injuries happen later in the season. He's a decent player but no I don't think he's pushing anyone out of a spot.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Top six for the Wolves. Possible first callup when injuries happen later in the season. He's a decent player but no I don't think he's pushing anyone out of a spot.
Nobody he's battling with has a spot locked up to even be able to be pushed out of it. With the injury to Schwartz we have 4 open forward spots. Two of those are likely to go to Rattie and Jaskin but they're not lighting it up at all. Porter, Nystrom, Paajarvi, Ferraro and Agostini are all fighting for other spots on the roster. And you can make a case that Agostino could be the best player in that group. It just depends what type of player the Blues are looking for.

With Sobotka and Schwartz not in the picture anymore for Opening Night, the roster is way more open than people think.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
At this point knowing what Pääjärvi/Jaskin and Ferraro/Caron/Nystrom/Porter are, I would give that opportunity to Rattie/Agostino.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll just say this: he hasn't done anything that says he shouldn't make the team. If he doesn't, it's solely a numbers thing. I'd keep him over a guy like Paajarvi for sure.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
So, without Sobotka

fabbri-lehtera- SnipeShow
Schwartz-Stastny-Perron
Agostino-Steen-Bergy? or Bergy-Steen-Rattie? or steeper on wing bergy in the middle? or completely different lines? maybe upshall on the 3rd over rattie and agostino?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So, without Sobotka

Schwartz-Stastny-Perron
Agostino-Steen-Bergy? or Bergy-Steen-Rattie? or steeper on wing bergy in the middle? or completely different lines? maybe upshall on the 3rd over rattie and agostino?

No ty for Upshall for 3rd line. He has chemistry with Brodziak so they are great duo at 4th line. No need to break working duo. Reaves has been no show, but I guess these pre-season games doesn't fire him up yet.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
No ty for Upshall for 3rd line. He has chemistry with Brodziak so they are great duo at 4th line. No need to break working duo. Reaves has been no show, but I guess these pre-season games doesn't fire him up yet.

Personally I feel like Reaves has been fine. Looks to have lost some weight too. A little quicker

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
So, without Sobotka

Schwartz-Stastny-Perron

Fabbri-Stastny-Tarasenkshow
Bergy-Steen-Peron
???-Lehtera-Rattie

With Schwartz out.

That looks so sad. I think its going to be a rough year.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Yeah, our forward group doesn't look too promising this year.

There is a glut at Shattenkirk's position, with Schwartz probably ready to phase in this year. And a top 6 core forward is needed, with no prospect of significance coming on offense. Rattie may become worthwhile, but for him success would be turning into a dependable 3rd line caliber guy. They need another player of significance added to this unit.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Personally I feel like Reaves has been fine. Looks to have lost some weight too. A little quicker

I think he has been slower compare to last season. Doing 'Ott', running all around and when finishing hit/check he's out of posiotion already.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
You're talking about Agostino, right?

I think the plan is to send him to the AHL as a depth player. I think that means Ferraro made the team (until Schwartz/Steen are back).

Yes, General Fanager tweeted it this morning. Not surprising if what you say is true, I expected Ferraro to make the team

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ferraro was pre-season games one of the worst forwards. Maybe I'm reading totally wrong now. Also think Reaves was slow, then other say he was faster then previous years. :dunno:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ferraro was pre-season games one of the worst forwards. Maybe I'm reading totally wrong now. Also think Reaves was slow, then other say he was faster then previous years. :dunno:

How many preseason games were you able to watch? Your assessment seems at odds with some of the comments from Hitch. The final cuts should be in the next day or so, so I think we'll see the team shortly.

My guess is Ferraro makes the team until a healthy roster pushes him back down. Maybe he gets a game in, but he'll be a healthy scratch while he's up.

I see 10 forwards fighting for 9 spots on 3 lines, and then 4 or 5 guys fighting for 4th line spots.

It will come down to: who are the centers?
Stastny, Lehtera, Berglund
or
Stastny, Steen/Fabbri, Lehtera

I realize Fabbri is probably not a center right now, but as the season goes along maybe he will be. Things would look a lot better if we got a version of Lehtera who is a scoring threat and can keep up with a top 6 role.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I've watched only two pre-season games, but I view Agostino were superior then Ferraro. Idk, we all have different opinion. They both were to me unknown, but what everything Agostino did it was electric and his ability to forecheck hard, 'cus he was easily fastest forward and even compare to Pääjärvi. I liked him, but previous game Agostino fall off bit and wasn't that notable.

It doesn't matter and Ferraro might not even play single game as a bluenote.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
My line of thinking is that Ferraro is better suited for a bottom 6 role and should be able to slide right into a 4th line role for a game or two, kinda like Porter did a few years back. While Agostino's game isn't really suited for that role from what I've seen, albeit very little

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
How many preseason games were you able to watch? Your assessment seems at odds with some of the comments from Hitch. The final cuts should be in the next day or so, so I think we'll see the team shortly.

My guess is Ferraro makes the team until a healthy roster pushes him back down. Maybe he gets a game in, but he'll be a healthy scratch while he's up.

I see 10 forwards fighting for 9 spots on 3 lines, and then 4 or 5 guys fighting for 4th line spots.

It will come down to: who are the centers?
Stastny, Lehtera, Berglund
or
Stastny, Steen/Fabbri, Lehtera

I realize Fabbri is probably not a center right now, but as the season goes along maybe he will be. Things would look a lot better if we got a version of Lehtera who is a scoring threat and can keep up with a top 6 role.
Ferraro has the 14th forward spot even with a healthy roster, unless Paajarvi or someone beats him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad