Aew Hiring

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Miro has been fantastic imo, and I’m not really a big Miro guy. He as a character has not been as compelling, but he’s looked strong despite giving a lot to his opponents, who have looked better and gotten more over despite losing. The way he is used is everything WWE is afraid to do and/or don’t know how to do. Perfect guy for that belt.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@JackSlater has a more thorough list that I might look at when I get more time.

Two things:
  • I think it's important to consider when the guys joined AEW as well. Some joined recently, others at the start of the promotion, and so some guys who joined from the beginning might be surplus to requirements these days. That said with four different broadcasts I think there's a lot of room.
  • What really might be interesting is what does everyone think of the non-WWE guys in AEW?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I agree with most of this but not Miro. They are booking him perfectly right now.

I thought Roberts promo with Rhodes when he first came aboard lead me to believe it was going to better than what it turned out to be. The "Never ever turn your back on somebody you respect or you're afraid of," before turning his back on Cody and exiting the ring was awesome. It just never went anywhere.

The only good thing I can say about his booking is that it's better recently than it was at the beginning of his AEW run, which is very faint praise. AEW has, or at least had, a shortage of big(ish) wrestlers and arguably he fits there but I'd rather they just promote from within or bring in an indy wrestler rather than take on another WWE retread, particularly when he doesn't have a particularly high ceiling. That was a very TNA signing to me but the guy does have fans at least.

Roberts still kind of has an interesting persona but I don't think that AEW needed another WWE/WCW old timer to manage someone and cut the odd promo. Good for the guy to still draw a paycheque from wrestling in 2021 though, given that it seemed like he'd be long dead by now.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Miro has been fantastic imo, and I’m not really a big Miro guy. He as a character has not been as compelling, but he’s looked strong despite giving a lot to his opponents, who have looked better and gotten more over despite losing. The way he is used is everything WWE is afraid to do and/or don’t know how to do. Perfect guy for that belt.

I agree 300% and I hate Rusev. But this version of him is golden.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Basicslly all of them have worked somewhere else before wwe. All the older guys are mainly for backstage work with the young guys. They all have a role, they aren't just there. Vince was going signing crazy when AEW started and signed everybody. I mean I know you guys love to watch the same matches that you get from wwe over and over again.

You guys hate or worry too much about a company that has done more right since 2019 than the big wwe in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad