DEL: Adler Mannheim - Tommi Huthala

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Hi team,

Being a Jokerit and Tommi Huthala fan, I was planning to attend a Mannheim game.
The weekends I made it to Dusseldorf and Koln were unfortunately against other teams, but it still was an amazing experience.
Any news on his contract will, he stay in the DEL and or at Mannheim?
Cheers guys

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hi team,

Being a Jokerit and Tommi Huthala fan, I was planning to attend a Mannheim game.
The weekends I made it to Dusseldorf and Koln were unfortunately against other teams, but it still was an amazing experience.
Any news on his contract will, he stay in the DEL and or at Mannheim?
Cheers guys

Usually news about contracts only come out after the team's season is over. The finals start tomorrow, so depending on how many games will be needed there should be news in a week or two.
From what I have found on the internet, most Mannheim fans on message boards seem pretty sure, that Huthala will stay. They definitely want to keep him.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
That happens in Germany too, but not as frequently. Probably because most of our media doesn't care about hockey, so there aren't many people digging for news and rumours. But as soon as a teams season is over they usually release the information which players are staying, leaving or who they are still negotiating with.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Ah ok, in the KHL you always have rumors as of middle of the season.
Thanks Maverick41

Still nothing official as far as I know, but it seems very likely that Huthala stays in Mannheim, and the team is looking to add another Finish player to the roster for next season in Jan-Mikael Järvinen.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That happens in Germany too, but not as frequently. Probably because most of our media doesn't care about hockey, so there aren't many people digging for news and rumours. But as soon as a teams season is over they usually release the information which players are staying, leaving or who they are still negotiating with.

Usually there's some sort of decent coverage in local newspapers, so for Mannheim that would be the Mannheimer Morgen for example.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Sweet, but I doubt I will be travelling across Europe next season.
This being sad, yess, well done boys!

Could anyone help me getting a Huhtala DEL card, please?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sweet, but I doubt I will be travelling across Europe next season.
This being sad, yess, well done boys!

Could anyone help me getting a Huhtala DEL card, please?

So far I could not find a place where you can buy specific cards, except through certain internet forums, but I don't really know any of the posters there.

I have a friend who bought the Adler Mannheim Meisterset - DEL Playercards Meisterset 2019
Maybe I could persuade him to part with the Huhtala Card. This would not be the regular DEL Playercard but a special Championhip version.

I can also ask him if he has the regular version next time I see him (probably this weekend), but he only has like 50 of the regular cards from a box he bought with random cards and I don't know if Huhtala was one of the players he got there.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Sweet buddy much appreciated. I'm heading to Aachen next week Friday but not sur how easy it would be to find those trading cards in town.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Finding them in stores in town will probably very difficult.
They are usually only sold online or at arenas during DEL games. Now in the offseason the online shop appears to be the only option.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
@amoboko

So, I met with my friend on the weekend, and I could make a trade to get the Huhtala card from the championship set, if you are interested.
The only thing we would have to work out is how I can get it to you.

I haven't had any luck with the regular player card. But now I after seeing my friend's cards I got into it myself, even if I was somewhat disappointed that the cards are rather flimsy (I had hoped for something more durable). So I started collecting now and should I stumble onto the regular Huhtala card I'll let you know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad