Adjustable dumbbell issue

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Grabbed an adjustable dumbbell for cheap off market place. Thought by the way the person described the issue it would be an easy fix, but it's not exactly that.

The dial on one side turns, but there's a metal disc that catches the weight when you dial it, but that metal disc doesn't turn unless you hold in the release button underneath. The other side spins as is and grabs weights.

Anyone have any advice ? I messaged the company, but they said 3-5 business days for a reply, so figured I'd check here in the mean time

Reactions: trentmccleary

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
Always buyer beware on marketplace. If you have the money to spend now on some quality product...look up Ironmaster dumbells. They are no non-sense weights without any fancy dials/etc. They feel like a real dumbell, quick to add and take off weight and have a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: DaveG and JMCx4

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Grabbed an adjustable dumbbell for cheap off market place. Thought by the way the person described the issue it would be an easy fix, but it's not exactly that.

The dial on one side turns, but there's a metal disc that catches the weight when you dial it, but that metal disc doesn't turn unless you hold in the release button underneath. The other side spins as is and grabs weights.

Anyone have any advice ? I messaged the company, but they said 3-5 business days for a reply, so figured I'd check here in the mean time
Apparently they're locked for transport and you have to unlock them. I had to find the info online for the Bowflex Sellecttech.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad