Cut/Released: Adam Thielen

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chiefs should be all over these mercenary vet WRs every year. Something with a cheap base salary that contains incentives that can pump it up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Makes sense for Buffalo. More of an intermediate to possession WR. Reliable guy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dudes going to get paid. A big need for an experienced quality receiver
Theilen will have options. Get less with better rosters like Buffalo, KC, LAC, even Jax with Lawrence.

Or get more money with a younger QB who needs that veteran WR like Chicago, Giants, GB with Love, whomever Indy or Houston draft at QB, teams like that.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really no fit for him in Chicago unless he is fine being #4 option

Moore + Mooney + Claypool are the 1-3 WR's now
Theilen is reliable and football smart (ie. not going to celebrate first downs during a 2 minute drill or remove his helmet after the tying TD). But, you are correct that Chicago is set at WR in terms of talent and with Kmet at TE probably have other needs like the trenches to spend their money.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No one trusts Michael Thomas. He’s played 12 games in 3 years.
He’s a massive dead cap charge and I did wonder why he tweeted positive tweet when Carr signed. I did recall that the saints would try to figure out a way to move on from him.

His cap charge for 2023 is like low teens but dead cap in the mid 20’s.

Matter of whether AT believes the saints can contend (nfc is the weaker conference) and or gets the money he feels he is worth.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of my all-time favourites but it was time. It already made sense because of his contract/play and even more so after he was reportedly unhappy with his role. Don't want him to really criticize him but how are you going to want a bigger role when you can't really separate and have JJ as WR1?

None of that really matters now. It was awesome watching him throughout his prime and his story really is great. I'll still root for him and hopefully he finds a good spot where he can win.

Reactions: LightningStorm

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Saw this coming, but a sad day nonetheless as the time comes to an end for this fan favorite and hometown hero. I like that the Vikings recognize being a 13 win team with our 2022 roster as is is not sustainable, and are purging aging veterans where there's cap space to be had.

As for where he goes, I think the Bills and Jets (if they trade for Rodgers) are 2 good fits for him.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bills make sense but we're also like two tweets away from Diggs asking for a trade so.....😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad