Confirmed with Link: Adam Ruzicka Re-Signed 2 years AAV of $762,500

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Wow, thats a nice average. I was expecting 900k. Even if Pelletier doesn't beat out Milano, we're still lining ourselves up with 5-5.5 million in deadline space.

Reactions: Fig

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Mildly surprised this was 2 years and 1 way both years. Tre usually insists on the first year being 2 way.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I know it's a two-way deal, so you can save some money with Adam in the AHL... but he seems like a guy that teams would snag based on the salary, age and production on the waiver wire.

If I was Tre/Sutter I'd really give this guy a long look on the wing to see if he can play that role; maybe with Backlund to see if you could develop him into a Backlund-esque player. Hell, it'd essentially be a Martin Hanzal clone if you did that, and that dude was one helluva player in his prime.

Reactions: Boomstick and Fig

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don't necessarily agree with Sutter that Ruzicka is a top nine or bust option, although he may have specifically been talking about last year when he could be moved freely between the NHL and AHL without exposure. I think Adam could learn a ton playing with the vets. Even if he get's beat out by a Pelletier or Milano for a top nine spot - Ruzicka should be platooning in and out of the lineup with Lucic, Lewis, and Rooney. This will not only help towards Adam's progression as a full time NHLer but would help keep the older boys fresh down the stretch.

If we waive him over Brett Ritchie - I won't be very happy.

Reactions: Fig

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I actually feel a bit sorry for Ruzicka. I think he's worth more than $12,500 above minimum. Treliving played hard ball. Glad he got a 2 year contract though. At least he has a little bit of security.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I actually feel a bit sorry for Ruzicka. I think he's worth more than $12,500 above minimum. Treliving played hard ball. Glad he got a 2 year contract though. At least he has a little bit of security.
He's making league min this year and next. It's just that league minimum jumps up 25k next season

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Treliving doesn't negotiate with terrorists unestablished RFA's
Possibly leading to bad feelings and a desire to leave first chance they get? Nobody likes it when the feel they're unfairly screwed over. We all know that Gaudreau wasn't happy with the last contract he was forced to sign by Treliving. Maybe this was one of the reasons he decided to leave? Would it have been that much of a hardship to the Flames to offer Ruzicka $800,000 instead of the league minimum? Sometimes its not a smart move to screw someone just cause you can.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Possibly leading to bad feelings and a desire to leave first chance they get? Nobody likes it when the feel they're unfairly screwed over. We all know that Gaudreau wasn't happy with the last contract he was forced to sign by Treliving. Maybe this was one of the reasons he decided to leave? Would it have been that much of a hardship to the Flames to offer Ruzicka $800,000 instead of the league minimum? Sometimes its not a smart move to screw someone just cause you can.

Yeah especially when Ruzicka in his brief NHL stint has been more effective of a player than Rooney has ever been but they barely want to pay him half the $. Ruzicka even has more potential to be a solid top 9 NHLer.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Bad feelings, yes. Enough to leave? Probably not. Don't think things become acrimonious. More like the players remember how the hammer was wielded and when the situation flips and they have the leverage, they make sure to extract full market value. Pretty dumb way to run things in the cap era but this is pure Murray Edwards.

Wait.. are you saying that he does negotiate with terrorists?
Well he did sign Neal so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad