Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Just wanted to chime in, I love the trade and love this pick, as a Leaf fan I wanted him at 30/31. Needs to work on his skating but a top-5 goal scorer in the draft, fantastic shot and good instincts.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I like. Reminds me a bit of Zach Parise based on the video. Any NHL comparable?

I think Killorn is a good comparable. He's not the greatest skater, but he has a very good shot, good hockey sense, he's a very engaged player, works hard, plays in traffic.

He'll be an nhl player, I just don't know in what role. This kid has the desire needed to play in the nhl.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I worked in and around the OHL the past couple years while at school. While I'm no expert, I like this pick. Bigger and more complete game than Debrincat.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
He was an early pick of one of our posters.. mighta been mentioned above.. didnt he recover from injury recently?. Theres a great piece on him youtube..

Great shot... we shall c.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He can pick the corners and send rockets along the ice too. You can see he has that instinct of a pure scorer too, really aggressive once he sees the chance.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Was he the target you talked about last night? Would they have still picked him if they'd stayed at #33?

I didn't know who it was gonna be last night, but this is the kid they wanted. They were fully prepared to move down I believe and knew he'd probably be available at either spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad