Adam Larsson..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
best dman we have? some nights its very possible. hes going to be awesome. hes not even half the player he should become and hes awesome. love the kid.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
He's our best defense man. At times he's a tiny bit inconsistent but that's to be expected with the fact he's an 18 year old rookie. Not putting up massive numbers yet by any means but I believe that will come in due time. Won't be shocked if he doesn't break through offensively this season. And despite that...

He got the secondary assist on Henrique's overtime goal last night. Henrique's heroics overshadowed the fact that Larsson actually created that play by getting the puck to Parise the way he did.

Larsson will be an incredible player in a couple years.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Larsson has been great for us. Eating up big minutes and playing the most out of all dmen some nights. He still makes some bad turnovers but he's 18 so that is mildly expected.

He never really put up major points so I wasn't expecting too much of that.

GM17*

His decision making is the only area he really needs to work on, but as I always say, that'll come only with experience. So in other words, he's just awesome.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
His decision making is the only area he really needs to work on, but as I always say, that'll come only with experience. So in other words, he's just awesome.
His decision making is still X times better than decision making of any of his (+/- one/two years) rookie class co-members. And that`s impressive if you ask me.

Just saying though. He has some obvious flaws and will work on them to get better asap.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
His defense has been solid the last few games other than a few mistakes. I would like to see him take an end to end rush to see if he has any deking type skills.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He has been very good. Less offensively productive than I expected, but that will come eventually. Defensively I would say he is beyond reproach.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
His patience is unheard of for a rook. There's times where he looks like he's coasting in an important defensive situation, but then you realize that he's reading the play and making sure he doesn't commit to a play too early, letting himself effectively be in two places at once.

He's been outstanding. Very smart player.

wingmanpei

Jul 1, 2006
PEI, Canada
When talking about Larsson's lack of offensive showings such as rushing up the ice with the puck, keep in mind when Niedermayer first started with the Devils he wasn't given the green light to join the offense when he wanted to either. In the past the Devils have generally wanted their d-men to take care of their own end first before showing offense. He is only 18 and a rookie where in time I think the team will let him move the puck more and join the rush more once he learns more of the defensive side of the game.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
Sometimes he's so calm it looks like he's not hustling. But that's just the way he is. He's a very interesting player. I'm excited to see the kind of player he grows into. It's remarkable what he's doing while playing on a smaller size rink against the best players in the world.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
His defense has been solid the last few games other than a few mistakes. I would like to see him take an end to end rush to see if he has any deking type skills.

Meh, we dont need that from him. When's the last time you've seen Nick Lidstrom do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad