Adam Larsson is now playing 25 mins/night

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kid is on the verge of breaking out. Playing excellent hockey after the coaching change. Been rewarded with huge minutes in the last 3 games and he has been near flawless.

Good to see his confidence returning. . . excited to see what he can become.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Was about to make a thread about this myself. Kid is thriving since the coaching change. Playing on both special teams units, confident and making plays while still being his calm and responsible self.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
So, is it a Swedish dman bust turning into a great player at the old age of 22? Well, that has not happened since Hedman :sarcasm:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Playing a lot of minutes but the impressive minutes for him right now is his PK and PP minutes. Anyone will get 20+ minutes playing with Greene. Having those 5 extra minutes on Special teams definitely boosting his playing time.

I wonder if he will see the same minutes when Severson comes back? Honestly I missed this game so I can't comment today.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Finally! Glad to hear he's getting ice time and he's making it count!

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
And for those commenting that Larsson is playing better under Stevens than Deboer. I think there were stretches in his Deboer tenure when he was playing just as well. Injuries and playing time have always set him back with Deboer though.

penguins2946*

Just another example of a young D getting misused under the old coaching staff and breaking out when the new guys play him. Same thing happened to Despres this year.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Its almost like the Devil fans called it.....

Larsson now putting up points slowly / 25 minutes per game / PK Anchor and PP QB

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
And for those commenting that Larsson is playing better under Stevens than Deboer. I think there were stretches in his Deboer tenure when he was playing just as well. Injuries and playing time have always set him back with Deboer though.

Thing is, he seemed to be playing scared under Deboer. He was almost unwilling to take chances and let his talent shine under Deboer. He kept playing it safe under him.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Thing is, he seemed to be playing scared under Deboer. He was almost unwilling to take chances and let his talent shine under Deboer. He kept playing it safe under him.

I still think he plays a low-risk game, maybe the biggest difference though is he'll hold on to the puck a bit longer. Be patient and read the play rather than make a rushed mistake.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Just another example of a young D getting misused under the old coaching staff and breaking out when the new guys play him. Same thing happened to Despres this year.

This.

We never said he was a bust. We said the minutes he was allotted were making him appear like a bust. It was truly baffling that PDB wouldn't allow Adam Larsson to crack a blueline that is that shallow.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This.

We never said he was a bust. We said the minutes he was allotted were making him appear like a bust. It was truly baffling that PDB wouldn't allow Adam Larsson to crack a blueline that is that shallow.

Some people on the Leafs board want to hire PDB because he took NJ to the Cup Finals :help:

Rielly would be playing 10 mins under PDB instead of the ~15 under Carlyle.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This.

Oh yes there were TON of posters who called him a bust. And no they didn't blame the minutes either.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
good for him, but you realize the Devils have 3 regular Dmen out? (Gelinas, Severson, Salvador)

Well Salvador is not a regular NHL player. Gelinas would never play top 2 minutes, and barely top 4 right now.

Severson is the only guy that would probably take minutes away from Larsson. He was playing these type of minutes before his injury. And In my honest opinion he's a better player and has a higher ceiling than Larsson.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well Salvador is not a regular NHL player. Gelinas would never play top 2 minutes, and barely top 4 right now.

Severson is the only guy that would probably take minutes away from Larsson. He was playing these type of minutes before his injury. And In my honest opinion he's a better player and has a higher ceiling than Larsson.

What do you see their ceiling to be?

Larsson a #2 and Severson a #1 if they hit their ceilings?

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I still think he plays a low-risk game, maybe the biggest difference though is he'll hold on to the puck a bit longer. Be patient and read the play rather than make a rushed mistake.

Yea I think that's been his game though. He's poised with the puck, and he's known for playing a steady game.

What do you see their ceiling to be?

Larsson a #2 and Severson a #1 if they hit their ceilings?

Too early to tell about Severson. I do drool over our young defense. Larsson, Severson, and Merrill is a great trio to build around. I'm hoping they continue to progress. We also still have Greene for 5 more years, and we still have guys like Santini waiting in the pipeline. Hell I still have high hopes for Gelinas to become at worst average defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad