Player Discussion Adam Gaudette (C/RW)Claimed off Waivers from Chicago

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's like he is missing something. Not sure what because it seems like he is just on the edge of being an NHLr.

Vision and foot speed imo. His skating is average at best and he often tries to force plays/doesn’t recognize his open teammates. I think his hockey sense is one of his biggest flaws

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Gaudette could get qualified, there is a spot at RW available, I didn't think so before this tournament, now it's possible.

Reactions: Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gaudette could get qualified, there is a spot at RW available, I didn't think so before this tournament, now it's possible.

If you are bringing back Adam Gaudette it's as a 13th forward which personally I think there's better options. Happy to see he has had a good tournament, hopefully it helps him moving forward in his career, the 50 games he played in Ottawa was enough for me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If you are bringing back Adam Gaudette it's as a 13th forward which personally I think there's better options. Happy to see he has had a good tournament, hopefully it helps him moving forward in his career, the 50 games he played in Ottawa was enough for me.
My hope for Gaudette is that he has gained some interest to get another NHL contract. I doubt that is here.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I'm not sure why a handful of games at an international tournament with mostly sub-NHL level competition is making people forget about Adam Gaudette's last 100 NHL games.

Reactions: OD99 and Sensinitis

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
His skating holds him back
Yeah for sure. And he doesn't engage much. But he's young and he does occasionally flash a bit of offense. I don't think he'll ever crack a top 6, but I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually evolves his game a bit and become a reasonable 3rd line option somewhere.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it will depend on where Joseph plays next yr, if they have him back on RW than Gaudette is likely gone, but if they have Joseph on LW there could be a spot on RW where he can compete against probably Sokolov or anyone they might bring in. I'd prefer Sokolov myself since I think he has the better future, but Gaudette might be better now & be a transition piece until Sokolov is completely NHL ready at some point next yr. Should be interesting.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
also depends on how much Gaudette willing to take. Does he take league min here or think he can get maybe a mil somewhere else? Free agency time GMs do weird things

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad