Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Jagr with the hatty today. Oldest player to ever do it. It's like he heard us talking.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jagr with the hatty today. Oldest player to ever do it. It's like he heard us talking.

yea....twighlight zone theme playing in my head when I saw that. then I saw Rinne gave up a 5 goal lead and I was looking for a full moon.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They told Bura he will get some meaningful ice time... just around the time WJC started.

Anyway I've stated already that I see Bura as top6 winger in Caps.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
I wouldn't be opposed to trading for Jagr, he could fill in nicely on the 2nd line for the playoffs. I'm sure that effort won't be an issue this time around since he knows that this could be his last chance to get another cup.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Does Jagr have a NTC? I seem to recall him saying last season that he didn't want to be traded from the devils at the TDL even though they didn't look like they were going to make the cut. Having trouble finding the terms of his contract since capgeek went down.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Does Jagr have a NTC? I seem to recall him saying last season that he didn't want to be traded from the devils at the TDL even though they didn't look like they were going to make the cut. Having trouble finding the terms of his contract since capgeek went down.

I don't think he has an NTC, but even if he does I'm sure that he would rather have a chance at the cup especially seeing the way Caps have been playing.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012

I'm not seeing one using a web archive. link

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England

Pretty sure last season he said he might not report if he got traded? And this season he's said he'd be okay with it.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Okay, looks like he doesn't have one and is eligible to be traded. I think he could improve our top 6 but I have absolutely no idea what kind of return NJ would expect or ask for him.

He did lead them in scoring last season and is on pace to do that again this year and he showed in Boston that he could still perform in the playoffs so I'm not too concerned about the increased intensity mitigating his effectiveness.

What would be a reasonable deal to acquire him?

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Okay, looks like he doesn't have one and is eligible to be traded. I think he could improve our top 6 but I have absolutely no idea what kind of return NJ would expect or ask for him.

He did lead them in scoring last season and is on pace to do that again this year and he showed in Boston that he could still perform in the playoffs so I'm not too concerned about the increased intensity mitigating his effectiveness.

What would be a reasonable deal to acquire him?

Mojo + 2nd?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I swear... Green and MoJo are severely hated on here.

Whenever you ever heard of a player of MoJo's caliber being traded for a rental?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Very encouraged by Bura's play at 1RW yesterday.

Hope he keeps it up, Trotz gives him some form of leash, and then that will eliminate the need for a 1RW. Isn't that 65's natural position anyhow?

Kuz still with a ways to go at 2C. Some good plays and some bad.

If the Caps keep playing well then I don't see a trade soon barring injury. Locker room morale is a delicate thing.

Apr 6, 2004
Very encouraged by Bura's play at 1RW yesterday.

Hope he keeps it up, Trotz gives him some form of leash, and then that will eliminate the need for a 1RW. Isn't that 65's natural position anyhow?

Kuz still with a ways to go at 2C. Some good plays and some bad.

If the Caps keep playing well then I don't see a trade soon barring injury. Locker room morale is a delicate thing.

Agreed with all of this, I expect Kuz to have some defensive short-comings in learning the 'C' role. Still lots to learn / room to grow on both ends.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Agreed with all of this, I expect Kuz to have some defensive short-comings in learning the 'C' role. Still lots to learn / room to grow on both ends.

Yeah for sure. He's on the wrong side of the puck often in our defensive zone still.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
... then that will eliminate the need for a 1RW. Isn't that 65's natural position anyhow?

Good question. What is his natural position? I had always seen him listed as a left winger. He is a left shot and a decent amount more European trained wingers play their off side than North Americans but some definitely play their strong side. So which is it? Which side did he play in Erie last season?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
the only reason i want jagr is because he would be cheaper than other options, if we're trading a roster player we better be aiming for more than a rental, unless that rental is something special.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't see a lot of non-rentals being available. Players under contract available will have some major problem. Like ROR or playing badly.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Good question. What is his natural position? I had always seen him listed as a left winger. He is a left shot and a decent amount more European trained wingers play their off side than North Americans but some definitely play their strong side. So which is it? Which side did he play in Erie last season?

I'm very confused by this as well. I always thought he was an RW, but he was listed as a LW in Erie and in all his draft profiles.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Burakovsky is natural LW and Kuznetsov is RW.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Burakovsky is natural LW and Kuznetsov is RW.

I'm not saying you are wrong, because that is what I thought also, and don't take this the wrong way but you know this as an absolute fact how exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad