Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
But all my good material is in the old thread! Damn you antiquated technology....

tmljeh19*

For the "can't judge the Erat trade yet" crowd. I ask you, do you think GMGM traded for him to piss away roughly 5 mil in cap space for a 4th line, 6-8 minute a night LW? I can't stand the guy but there's no way that was his intention. The trade stinks of desperation and failure.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
All the moves appear to be tied to making room for Wilson.

It all is George's intention.

The part I cant understand is, why must Wilson clearly out play Ward and Brouwer to even get a sniff in an elevated role over 4/6 TOI.

Does anyone expect him to outperform either of them? I don't. But he is here to play and we look dumb not playing him.

Last edited:

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
I was pretty young at the time, but I remember a young exciting player with potential playing a lot of 4th line minutes at the beginning of his career with the caps...one peter bondra. Now, there's no way wilson is going to score 500 goals in the NHL, but just because he's only playing 8 minutes a night in the first 4! games of his nhl career will have no impact on his potential.

But, it goes both ways. We all thought Hanlon was an idiot for starting backstrom as the 4th line center his rookie year. But the circumstances are significantly different.

Let wilson figure out how to practice, eat, prepare, etc. for the NHL and give him some game time to get a better feel for the NHL game. He'll get his chance farther up the roster soon enough. He's 18 for crying out loud!

tmljeh19*

I was pretty young at the time, but I remember a young exciting player with potential playing a lot of 4th line minutes at the beginning of his career with the caps...one peter bondra. Now, there's no way wilson is going to score 500 goals in the NHL, but just because he's only playing 8 minutes a night in the first 4! games of his nhl career will have no impact on his potential.

But, it goes both ways. We all thought Hanlon was an idiot for starting backstrom as the 4th line center his rookie year. But the circumstances are significantly different.

Let wilson figure out how to practice, eat, prepare, etc. for the NHL and give him some game time to get a better feel for the NHL game. He'll get his chance farther up the roster soon enough. He's 18 for crying out loud!

I don't think the complaining is about the handling of Wilson. It's about the elephant in the room with Erat. You take on a 4.5 million contract and give away your 2nd best prospect for a RW now playing on the left side, on the wrong side of 30 and delegated to the 4th line. That's the problem.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't think the complaining is about the handling of Wilson. It's about the elephant in the room with Erat. You take on a 4.5 million contract and give away your 2nd best prospect for a RW now playing on the left side, on the wrong side of 30 and delegated to the 4th line. That's the problem.

there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. a. tonight it looked to me like Erat and Wilson made up two parts of a pretty good line.

I discussed this with rouser earlier in the day. this erat on the 4th smacks a lot of ovechkin on left wing with beagle and crabb last season. its like erat said he didn't want to play center and oates said ok...how about the 4th line then?

Halpysback*

there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. a. tonight it looked to me like Erat and Wilson made up two parts of a pretty good line.

I discussed this with rouser earlier in the day. this erat on the 4th smacks a lot of ovechkin on left wing with beagle and crabb last season. its like erat said he didn't want to play center and oates said ok...how about the 4th line then?

So our only problem is that our coach is a moron. Thank god.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Season has started already. We could forget about caphits for a moment, just to field the best and effective roster, which wasn't done. Caphit - the secondary problem atm.

3-4 more games like this and we have 1-7 start or smth?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Not enough bodies for a 5th line, and why have 5 guys on one line.

Glad to see Tinner back in the lineup but think he would be more needed at 2LD.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also, Luca Sbisa from the Ducks.

He's hurt right now. And so is Souray. The Ducks defense is in shambles right now. They're much more likely to add a defenseman than trade one away. I highly doubt Sbisa is available, and if he is it's most likely only in a case where they bring back a top pairing defenseman.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m #Caps announce they’ve assigned Connor Carrick and Michael Latta to Hershey. Left-handed D Nate Schmidt has been recalled.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m #Caps announce they’ve assigned Connor Carrick and Michael Latta to Hershey. Left-handed D Nate Schmidt has been recalled.

Connor Carrick to Hershey should have happened 3 games ago. Good young player, but the fact he has the AHL option means he should be there (wish we could do that with Wilson).

I hate the fact Latta got sent down. I want to see this kid play more on that 4th line center spot. Is there any chance this is a paper transaction?

Schmidt over Orlov? I really wish Orlov would force his way onto this team.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 1m
Michal Neuvirth will start for Washington v. Colorado. Get a head start on preparing your historical revisionism. #Caps

yesssssssss Neuvy vs Varly. Holtby played fine the last 2 games, but Neuvy also earned a start after the Flames game, might as well be against Varly.

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 1m
Oates said he initially asked about recalling Dmitry Orlov from Hershey with #Caps in need of lefty shot. But Orlov’s out with pink eye.

Hmmm seems like Orlov would of been the one called up, but has pinkeye. Schmidt farted on his pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad