Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
McPhee hates Jagr. He didn't want him here back in 2001 when Ted forced his hand.

Jagr then stole Ted's money and we had to PAY to get rid of him to the tune of $5 mil per year for a few years.

Jagr singlehandedly destroyed the lockerroom to the point where our Captain wanted out.

Anyone who thinks there is even the remotest possibility he will be a Cap is kidding themselves.

One guy Caps should be targeting is Andrej Sekera from Buffalo. Would make a great 2nd pairing LD.

The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON

Found this when I was checkin out the blog lol

BG2SfrqCEAEqZz-.jpg

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
How long has it been since the Isles have been in the playoffs? They are so close this season, I just don't see them selling.

Yeah thats why I shake my head when the talking heads bring up his name.

Why on earth would the Isles trade him at this point??? Unless its to get another impact roster player back it would make no sense. If anything the Isles will be buyers.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Why exactly? Is it the 4 additional points that Jagr has? He's 41! If he brings back a 1st +, that team in on crack.

More goals, better season, better player despite his age. More playoff experience, if that matters. Plus a (marginally at least) better GM doing the trading.

Halpysback*

The problem is that we have something like 10 dmen on the roster and all are now healthy or about to be.

Erskine has been a great 2nd pairing LD so not sure we need to spend assets there (if we spend any at all). LW is an area that needs to be looked at but with the play of MJ and Laich its less of a concern now than it was a few weeks ago.

I say the Caps do nothing unless they move a dman for futures to clear up the logjam a bit.

See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I think Alex Tanguay is the best fit out there as far as forward help goes. He's got a very reasonable contract at $3.5M, he's a Cup winner and would add another dimension of hockey sense and playmaking ability at LW. The additional three seasons left may be a little dicey but he's a guy they should be able to trade down the line if needed so long as he stays healthy. They might need to dump some salary, though, either in the deal, another deal or in the summer.

Not if they don't see Ribeiro getting signed.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
blockbuster

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m Minor league trade. Phoenix trades (F) Joel Rechlicz to Washington in exchange for (F) Matthew Clackson.

Good move GMGM. That should help for the playoff run.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
See, that's the kind of logic McPhee employs that leaves us with our pants down any time a roleplayer regresses to the mean. It's why we go into every season with a Schultz or a Chimera or a Laich or an Erskine or a Johansson playing in a role 1-2 lines/pairings above their pay grade and then wonder why the team falls flat on its face. It's the exact opposite of what cup winner teams do, which is stack depth to the point where players are playing roles below their pay grade, not above (Ladd, Versteeg and Brouwer being 3rd/4th liners in Chicago is a good example)

Erskine WAS a decent 2nd pairing LD for a stretch. He is absolutely not a career 2nd pairing LD.

Sadly, it's even worse than this because they're all playing at their pay grades, just way above their talent/skill set.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I still remember Joel had a chance to play a puck in center ice once and just watched it hoping someone else would get it for him. They did. I had never seen a player avoid a puck before. I am glad he is back though, he is good for Hershey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad