Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part XLI *(Poll added 2/12)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Who cares if it's normal? Does it make the team better?

The Leafs are supposedly willing to move anyone.
I guess, imo RW in that projected lineup is a little thin though.

Have they openly come out and said they're going to rebuild? I haven't heard anything.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
"Fly by Phil" Kessel possibly on the block!:scared:

In the lost to the Rangers the other night, he played only 12 minutes and ended with a minus 4 for the night. :help:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Phil the thrill would certainly shore up the 1RW hole make it happen GMBM

Ugh, gigantic no. I don't think Kessel and Ovechkin would be a good fit on a line together. More to the point, no way can you justify spending $17M for the next several years on only two wingers. Further still, the assets required to acquired him will hurt the team more than Kessel will help.

No thanks.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Ugh, gigantic no. I don't think Kessel and Ovechkin would be a good fit on a line together. More to the point, no way can you justify spending $17M for the next several years on only two wingers. Further still, the assets required to acquired him will hurt the team more than Kessel will help.

No thanks.
Logistics aside it would be fun to watch :naughty:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I really do think this will be a big dead line for multiple reasons. There are several teams failing and wanting to rebuild on this 2015 draft it seems. most of the top teams are very competitive, there are no clear power houses.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Phil the thrill would certainly shore up the 1RW hole make it happen GMBM

When you write something like this, please make sure you place a :sarcasm: at the end, otherwise some may think you are actually serious and we know that this can't be.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
The Caps would need to clear an additional $5M in cap space, and another $2M if Orlov returns in a couple weeks as speculated. Not happening.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Out: laich (dump), green (futures or hockey trade), one of Kuz, Bura, Wilson or Vrana, 1st rounder

In: Lucic, 2C, 3rd pair D

Out: years of not winning

In: Cup

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@azc_mclellan: Maloney says Hanzal will have procedure on back next week. Likelihood of return this season "remote."

Another one down.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
The C market is thin. Vermette's going to be expensive.

So you are saying that this is an elaborate way to drive the price of Vermette up. Or is it just a better way to tank.

I was thinking. With the Buffalo Sabres going full-tank earlier than the trade deadline, is it plausible to see the other tank hopefuls selling off their assets pre-deadline as well. Now we have the news that the Leafs are openly willing to trade all of their assets to "rebuild" tank. Hanzal's season is done. We may be in store for the greatest pre-deadline tank-off party the NHL has ever known.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad