GDT: Ace Hardware presents 17th Annual Free Agency Disappointment Day

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Perron has serious concussion concerns.

He might be one away from being done.

Isn't anybody possibly one concussion away from being done, though?

The way I see it, the Blues 2nd should be in the bottom half of the round, and Paajarvi is not living up to the potential he had. Perron is more of a known commodity if healthy, and I don't think either of Paajarvi or the future 2nd rounder will replace him fully.

...somewhat like how Ponikarovsky and Stewart were supposed to replace Cole.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I believe Corrente was the guy that was drafted with the pick the Canes gave up for Doug Weight.

You are correct. It was Boulerice, Zigomanis, our 2006 first (Corrente), our 2006 fourth (Reto Berra - a Swiss goalie that never came over from Europe and plays for Biel of the Swiss-A League), and our 2007 fourth (Cade Fairchild, a d-man whose had a cup of coffee for the Blues but has mostly been an AHLer for them) for Weight and the rights to Erkki Rajamaki.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
You are correct. It was Boulerice, Zigomanis, our 2006 first (Corrente), our 2006 fourth (Reto Berra - a Swiss goalie that never came over from Europe and plays for Biel of the Swiss-A League), and our 2007 fourth (Cade Fairchild, a d-man whose had a cup of coffee for the Blues but has mostly been an AHLer for them) for Weight and the rights to Erkki Rajamaki.

Berra was acquired by Calgary at the deadline and will play for them next season.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What's strange is that the Canes didn't have a 1st round pick in 2006, yet now have 4 guys drafted it the 1st round that year: J. Staal, J. Tlusty, Corrente, and Sanguinetti (who is technically a free agent).

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Damn Rutherford recycling players again.:sarcasm:
A bit off-topic but did anyone hear JR talk about Brindy not being elected to the HOF? He listed his accomplishments, including winning "two Lady Byngs...". :shakehead

Hopefully he wasn't the guy charged with trying to drum up Brindy votes.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
A bit off-topic but did anyone hear JR talk about Brindy not being elected to the HOF? He listed his accomplishments, including winning "two Lady Byngs...". :shakehead

Hopefully he wasn't the guy charged with trying to drum up Brindy votes.

He also mentioned Semin's 3 year extension in the same interview...

And the evolution of how he pronounces Khudobin's name is pretty funny :laugh:

rainband

Oct 7, 2009
When we signed him it was Kur-doh-bin, and yesterday it was Kuduh-bin. I'm eagerly awaiting the next version :laugh:

100_0390-1024x768.jpg

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Aaron Palushaj is an NHL player. If he doesn't break camp with us, he'll be claimed on waivers just like he was from Montreal last season. In my estimation, he was one of the better non-qualified RFA's to hit the market. This is your Larose replacement and depending upon what kind of salary they're trying to cut..... your Dwyer replacement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad