TVA Sports According to TVA Sports - the best candidate to replace Julien is Bob Hartley. 2nd best? Therrien

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
TVA Sports had a show on TV yesterday evening, and they had a graphic up of the top 10 best candidates to replace Julie.

Option 1 - Bob Hartley

Option 2 - Michel Therrien

lol? I don't understand how anyone can seriously believe that - let alone air it on tv that way. It's pathetic. Therrien is the absolute worst option to bring back - considering this same core quit on him, and considering how badly things ended for him just 3 years ago...For those interrested here is a link to the story

Top 10 des candidats pour remplacer Claude Julien - TVA Sports

Gallant was ranked 9, and Babcock 10 - the only 2 non-french coaches (don't think Gallant speaks French, but could be wrong). Roy was 8th, Ducharme 3rd and Joel Bouchard 7th

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Wow..................how bad are these clowns at TVA? Just wow....

Seriously guys, the franco angle just has to stop, it is beyond embarassing. How anyone, could think that Hartley/Therrien could be even considered, let alone at the TOP of a list?

The Habs, to get themselves relevant once again, need the BEST people for the jobs!! The BEST period.

These guys are just clowns to suggest otherwise. If you can get the BEST available, and they happen to be franco, hey that's awesome. Most real Habs fans just don't care, they just want the team to succeed in any language.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If the Montreal Canadiens bring back a recycled coach from the past like they've done already with Therrien and Julien, this time I'm officially done with the franchise!

Reactions: MasterMatt25

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Not sure Jean-Charles Lajoie's incredibly biased personal opinion should be taken as the official stance of an entire network

I honestly don't even know the guy - i don't watch TVA sports normally. I didn't even listen to his justification, as I had the tv on mute - I just saw the graphic and thought it was hilarious.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Well on tvasports.ca there's a poll up of who the next coach should be if CJ is canned. #1 is Gallant. #2 is Ducharme...

On rds.ca I've been reading a lot of comments from francophone fans - they want the best candidate, regardless of language.

Majority of fans are very sensible, and want to win above all else. I didn't intend for this to become a language thread - just a horribly bad take worth pointing out and laughing at.

But concerning language - i'm fine with it being an important part of Montreal's culture and a consideration when choosing a coach. Don't disrespect half your fanbase and don't ignore the requirement completely - but the good news however is that in today's world, PR experts and Translators exist. An English speaking coach is fine - Habs just have to be smart about it and still help facilitate translation/PR to french customers to make it be a non-factor. No big deal

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Volatile Patrick Roy and Marc Bergevin will not be able to work together. Roy and the affable serene Joe Sakic didn’t see eye to eye in Denver so what does that say about the greatest NHL goaltender ever?!

The only way this once proud franchise will get back to its glory days is to fire Bergevin and hire Patrick Roy as both GM and head coach. Roy would be given power and authority to let go Trevor Timmons.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Volatile Patrick Roy and Marc Bergevin will not be able to work together. Roy and the affable serene Joe Sakic didn’t see eye to eye in Denver so what does that say about the greatest NHL goaltender ever?!

The only way this once proud franchise will get back to its glory days is to fire Bergevin and hire Patrick Roy as both GM and head coach. Roy would be given power and authority to let go Trevor Timmons.

It can't be understated how volatile Patrick Roy is. It's one of the main drivers of his success, but also one of it's biggest inhibitors.

It would take an owner with a very large set of balls to hire him and give him autonomy. Having said that, he's won everywhere he's been, as a player, coach, GM and owner.

Would be very entertaining to say the least!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Bergevin's biggest fault is probably how passive he is. It's not so much that he's incompetent in the moves he makes - it's just he's so passive most of the time.

I guarantee Roy wouldn't be passive in a GM role (whether gm + coach, or just gm). I like Roy, loved him as a player and respect his attitude as a winner. But if i'm being honest - i'm not sure how confident I feel he would be competent at being a GM. Being aggressive is great if you're a good gm - but it can be a nightmare if you're not.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
F that. I’d rather just stick with Claude, despite me wanting him out of here.

I’d consider Ducharme or Bouchard, neither who have ANY experience as a HC at the NHL level before those two other options.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad