Injury Report: Aaron Ekblad Suffers Concussion In U20 Game

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Thats a given with a franchise star available at #1

I've been a lone panthers fan trapped in Canada for so long that I never acquired this fatalistic streak. It suits me nicely, though.

Esoteric panthers fact: Shawn Thornton appears in an episode of Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares...

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Haven't been around for a couple of weeks and little late to the party but

Y1BuUXb.gif

Welcome to the Panthers Ek I guess... what's a season without your top prospect getting injured:deadhorse

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Ekblad posted a picture of him on Instagram doing some practice with fire weapons...

I guess this "concussion" was very very minor, and it was all precautionnary because of the upcoming season and Aaron having nothing to prove...

(Can't make the line work, but I guess you're all on Twitter and Insta, you will be able to upload it)

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
god get the weapons away from the prospects..... dooooooooooooooooooom

I´m seeing this tweet in my head already..

Florida Panthers @flapanthers 10m
Aaron Ekblad is in the hospital due to a gunshot wound. Police say that Ekblad was at the gun range when he slipt on a banana and shot himself in the leg. He is in stable codition.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Haven't been around for a couple of weeks and little late to the party but

Y1BuUXb.gif

Welcome to the Panthers Ek I guess... what's a season without your top prospect getting injured:deadhorse

Great gif :laugh:

I was away too golfing and boating in BC, but found about it there before I dunked my new phone in the lake :(

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Don Cherry, the colorful and outspoken CBC Television hockey commentator, blasted Team Canada for playing high-profile rookies such as the No. 1 draft pick, Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad, in World Juniors exhibition games.

Ekblad suffered a concussion while playing for Team Canada against the Czech Republic a 10 days ago and was sent home to heal.

“I'm upset watching Aaron Ekblad, the No. 1 draft pick, get nailed by a Czech player in a meaningless game and mini series for Team Canada,’’ Cherry tweeted. “I ask you, why was Aaron even playing? You know he's a lock to make the Junior Club and has a target on his back for being selected first overall in the NHL draft.

“It doesn't make sense. Have the guys that are on the bubble play in these games. Smarten up Team Canada. The CHL and NHL are doing you a favor. They don't have to let you have these players. Play the exhibition games with guys you want to see. Your star players getting hurt in a meaningless game in August does not make sense.’’!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...to-panthers-tv-booth-20140814,0,5188251.story

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Don Cherry, the colorful and outspoken CBC Television hockey commentator, blasted Team Canada for playing high-profile rookies such as the No. 1 draft pick, Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad, in World Juniors exhibition games.

Ekblad suffered a concussion while playing for Team Canada against the Czech Republic a 10 days ago and was sent home to heal.

“I'm upset watching Aaron Ekblad, the No. 1 draft pick, get nailed by a Czech player in a meaningless game and mini series for Team Canada,’’ Cherry tweeted. “I ask you, why was Aaron even playing? You know he's a lock to make the Junior Club and has a target on his back for being selected first overall in the NHL draft.

“It doesn't make sense. Have the guys that are on the bubble play in these games. Smarten up Team Canada. The CHL and NHL are doing you a favor. They don't have to let you have these players. Play the exhibition games with guys you want to see. Your star players getting hurt in a meaningless game in August does not make sense.’’!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...to-panthers-tv-booth-20140814,0,5188251.story

Cherry doesn't always sit well with me but this time I have to agree with the guy. I know Aaron probably wants to play as much as possible to get ready for training camp but he can train/practice instead of playing exhibition games. Have him play the important games.

Hopefully he can shake it off and have no effects later. We need a little help with the injury bug this year. We've had our fair share the last couple years but that's where Tallon has loaded the franchise with depth which will help us.

Looking forward to what this man-child can bring to the team.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

I disagree. Ekblad is not over the moon more talented than everyone else. He is getting exposure on the international level and experience. Team Canada is grooming him for a more serious role in the future. And the Panthers want him playing as much as possible to warm him up for the season. The game might be meaningless the underlying reasons for playing him are not.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Ryan Kennedy @THNRyanKennedy
Aaron Ekblad said his concussion symptoms went away about six days ago; he's back on the ice and working out now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad