LeBrun: Aaron Dell generating interest

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
trade him to a team in need of a #1 in exchange for a decent scoring forward

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i wo
Kane, McCabe, Baptiste for Dell, O'regan, Heed
uld imagine the sharks don't do that. kane will most likely leave as a free agent, and mccabe + baptiste isn't as good as o'regan + heed imo

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i wo

uld imagine the sharks don't do that. kane will most likely leave as a free agent, and mccabe + baptiste isn't as good as o'regan + heed imo

Kane, McCabe, Larsson for Heed and O'regan

Upgrade scoring: Kane
Get McCabe for 1.5 seasons at 1.6, still RFA.... top 4 experienced.... 24 yrs old
Get Larsson for 1.5 seasons at 1.475, still RFA.... Bottom 6 center experience.... 25 years old

two cost controlled NHLers, and premier scoring rental.

edit: sorry, I kinda went off topic.... Dell....

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Kane, McCabe, Larsson for Heed and O'regan

Upgrade scoring: Kane
Get McCabe for 1.5 seasons at 1.6, still RFA.... top 4 experienced.... 24 yrs old
Get Larsson for 1.5 seasons at 1.475, still RFA.... Bottom 6 center experience.... 25 years old

two cost controlled NHLers, and premier scoring rental.
buffalo would want a 1st back and the sharks said they don't want to trade futures to win now

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Dell is a very good backup goalie. Don't know though if he is a #1 goalie though.

But fans said the same thing about Cam Talbot and Martin Jones and look at them now! You can indeed end up with a dud too but you never know unless you take a chance. o_O

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
buffalo would want a 1st back and the sharks said they don't want to trade futures to win now

I think Buffalo would prefer young NHLers/NHL ready players.... as a Buffalo fan... I have my eye on guys like O'regan and Heed for that reason.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think Buffalo would prefer young NHLers/NHL ready players.... as a Buffalo fan... I have my eye on guys like O'regan and Heed for that reason.
yah but thay would probably cost you a good player who is under contract nest season

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
buffalo could trade lehner and mccabe for dell and a 2nd

that's... not good for buffalo....

Dell has rental value, Lehner is a RFA....
You can't get an experienced 24 yr old defensemen, with many seasons of affordable control.... for a 2nd round pick

Reactions: Ana Crusis

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
that's... not good for buffalo....

Dell has rental value, Lehner is a RFA....
You can't get an experienced 24 yr old defensemen, with many seasons of affordable control.... for a 2nd round pick
i disagree. sure lehner is a rfa and the end on this season, but he hasn't been great and has a qualifying option of 4 million, so no team should pick that up, hence making him a rental. therefore dell > lehner. mccabe has to have more value than what sj is giving back to make the trade fair and he has more value than a 2nd so mccabe > 2nd.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I swear, last season hockey media kept trying to float that Sharks were looking for a good backup goalie because they had no idea who Aaron Dell was.

Turns out he's a good backup goalie, so it's time to start a rumor we might be trading him away. Sure.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Insider Trading: Dorion continues to work the phones

Says that Dell nigh be this year's Scott Darling: a back-up goalie sought by others to become a #1 goalie. Lots of possibilities: Sharks could let him walk as UFA, deal his rights after season, deal him around the deadline or maybe re-sign him. But there's lots of interest in him.
Darling netted a 3rd round pick.

Around the NHL you'd be looking at non playoff teams that would be interested in handing the reigns to an unproven #1.

Who are those teams?

Arizona out west is the only logical spot. Van has 2 guys signed through next season. AVS have Varly. EDM has Talbot.

Buffalo in the east if they are not pleased with lehner. Florida if luongo can't recover from his groin injury. He begins a salary drop next season from his $6.7 salary that he has made over the past 7 seasons down to $3.4, then 1.6 and 2 years at $1 mill.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I don’t think Tim Heed is someone the Sharks should be looking to trade. He has some flaws defensively but he’s a very good offensive defenseman who has a rocket of a shot and contributes to the PP. We can talk about O’Regan though.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I'd be happy with him in Edmonton, but this is not the type of guy (or position) that you overpay for... just look at what we paid for Talbot who... while a similar career path... had proven a lot more at the NHL level.

Being in the same division complicates it. As does the fact that he's only a couple years younger than Talbot. Can't imagine we'd have the best offer... Slepyshev? a 2nd?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
darling
Darling netted a 3rd round pick.

Around the NHL you'd be looking at non playoff teams that would be interested in handing the reigns to an unproven #1.

Who are those teams?

Arizona out west is the only logical spot. Van has 2 guys signed through next season. AVS have Varly. EDM has Talbot.

Buffalo in the east if they are not pleased with lehner. Florida if luongo can't recover from his groin injury. He begins a salary drop next season from his $6.7 salary that he has made over the past 7 seasons down to $3.4, then 1.6 and 2 years at $1 mill.
netted one when we was a pending ufa. dell could be traded at the deadline which gives the team acquiring him more time to re-sign him, therefore increasing his value

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I don’t think Tim Heed is someone the Sharks should be looking to trade. He has some flaws defensively but he’s a very good offensive defenseman who has a rocket of a shot and contributes to the PP. We can talk about O’Regan though.

Kane for 1st and O'regan

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Most teams that would make the playoffs really don't want to trade a good backup. For example what happens if Jones gets hurt. Can't see the Sabres wanting to trade McCabe. Young, cheap and a player with upside is exactly what they need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad