A year from now you will be happy because...

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
the Redwings (players or management) have done what?

For me:

1. Management moves Green + one of Nyquist or Tatar at or before the deadline for picks (bonus points for moving a goalie).
2. AA and Mantha both take steps forward.
3. Larkin establishes himself as a bona fide NHL center.
4. DDK and Mrazek return to prior form (or something close thereto).
5. Svech and Bert establish themselves as NHL regulars.
6. We have a PP in the top half of the league.

For the record I am not necessarily expecting this to happen, but would consider it a good season for this team and organization given the current state of things.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, we said we are going to go with more high end skill guys in next year's draft... so there's that.

Hoping for a new GM, but doubt that happens.

I think the following things are possible, and are hoping they happen (moreso than predicting)...
-Mrazek returns to form, look like a top 10-15 starter (wouldn't be opposed to trading him if so)
-Larkin or Mantha crack 30 goals
-Saarijarvi and Hronek have big years in the AHL
-Rasmussen increases his assist totals (and ES totals) in the WHL and shows there is more playmaking ability there
-Cholowski gets a big role for Prince George and racks up some assists

I'd say I hope Jensen keeps building on last year, but with Green and Daley on the right side, I can't really see much room for him to do anything... I pretty much have no expectations for the defense to do anything.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
-Show a true direction, whether we become that playoff team and can push passed round 1 or rebuild.
-Larkin, Mantha, Anthanasiou, Mrazek truly become the core and take a step or two.
-Fire Ken Holland
-Manage to trade bad contract(s) Ericcson, Helm, Howard, Kronwall, Abdelkader (If at all possible)

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Well, we said we are going to go with more high end skill guys in next year's draft... so there's that.

Hoping for a new GM, but doubt that happens.

I think the following things are possible, and are hoping they happen (moreso than predicting)...
-Mrazek returns to form, look like a top 10-15 starter (wouldn't be opposed to trading him if so)
-Larkin or Mantha crack 30 goals
-Saarijarvi and Hronek have big years in the AHL
-Rasmussen increases his assist totals (and ES totals) in the WHL and shows there is more playmaking ability there
-Cholowski gets a big role for Prince George and racks up some assists

I'd say I hope Jensen keeps building on last year, but with Green and Daley on the right side, I can't really see much room for him to do anything... I pretty much have no expectations for the defense to do anything.

This is the wishlist right here.

Would love to see Hank have another exceptional year for his age and here's hoping we get a top three pick.

I think XO puts up another solid season too.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
1.) bc the new arena is dope as hell and helped reinvigorate Woodward, downtown, and detroit in general!
2.) bc dylan larkin had a monster bounce-back season
3.) bc #91 is retired
4.) bc the wings moved up in the draft lottery

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
- Larkin and Mantha become legit top line studs.
- Wings get a top-3 pick and Kenny does not go off the board.
- The likes of Mrazek and DD bounce back from their slumps.
- We get at least a 1st rounder for Green.
- Zetterberg puts another big season and stays healthy for a shot at 1000 points.
- Rasmussen proves everyone wrong.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Here's my list:
1. Larkin establishes himself as a center. I'll be fine even if he's the 3C (Preferably 1 or 2C though) behind Z and Nielsen as long as he plays C the whole time and looks good doing it. We need him to turn into a 1/2C so badly.
2. Mantha spends most of the season on the first line and is our best winger.
3. AA is at worst 6th in forward ice time and continues to produce well.
4. At least two defenseman of DK/XO/Jensen/Sproul play like legit top 4 guys.
5. We trade Green and at least 1 (preferably both) of Nyquist/Tatar and get a 1st or 2 2nds for each. Pick preference is 2018.
6. We get a top 5 pick and choose a guy who projects as a 1D. Best case scenario Dahlin.
7. Sheahan scores 0 goals in 81 games but gets a hat trick in the last game.
8. Mrazek is a top ten goalie... either for us or whoever we trade him to.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Larkins goals are all pure engergy and pace. That won't last, I'd much rather see him progress in ho whe sees the ice and not become Helm ++

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A fantastic year would include most to all of:
* Trading both Green and Tatar, and getting an extra 2018 1st rounder as part of the returns
* Ending up with a top-2 pick
* Not renewing Holland's contract, and going external (complete with extensive search) to replace him
* Larkin, Mantha, and AA each showing more consistent effectiveness and creativity on offense
* Actually meaning it when claiming that guys like Svech will get a call up (and not just signing the next Drew Miller or Steve Ott to limit things)
* Incorporating one or more features to the new arena that are just used for Wings games (and the same just for the Pistons; I don't want it vanilla across the board)

I can't say I have a lot of faith that this list will be even mostly accomplished, but if it were, it would be a year of real progress.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
Larkins goals are all pure engergy and pace. That won't last, I'd much rather see him progress in ho whe sees the ice and not become Helm ++

i think larkin is smart enough to learn to score in more ways. I remember when Zetterberg first started out I wrote him off as ever having a 30 goal season. I hope larkin can learn, anyway

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
No matter how long Holland stays here it will still be 1 year less one year from now.

In all seriousness I think the new arena will be exciting for fans and Detroit

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
1. We finish bottom five but draft top 3

2. We trade Green at the deadline for a 2018 1st

3. We trade Tatar for either a good dman prospect and mid round pick or for a 2018 1st rd pick

3. Larkin and Mantha both put up 45plus points

4. Jensen or Ouellet take a step and become legit top four dmen

5. Bertuzzi and Svechnikov become NHL regulars

6. Rasmussen has a great draft plus one season and prices everyone wrong (hopefully racks up 80 plus pts)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
hopefully Holland and Blashill are both gone

but i've resigned myself to Holland being around for another decade for some reason so i'll settle for just Blashill

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
-They rename the LC to something not pertaining to bad pizza.
-Larkin is converted to defense out of desperation and thrives in the role.
-Cholowski gets to the AHL by the end of the season for a few games.
-Michigan Tech wins the inagural Great Lakes Invitational in a blowout over Michigan in the new barn.
-All 4 of my wishes come to fruition, not just the Choloski one, which is the only probable one.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I will be happy because for the first time a long time it's totally clear this team will be bad, boring, and simply not worth investing time or money into so I will have lots of both to spend elsewhere making me far happier than wasting it on the Red Wings would.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
1.) bc the new arena is dope as hell and helped reinvigorate Woodward, downtown, and detroit in general!

Much of lower Woodward and Downtown have been "reinvigorated" for going on half a decade. The arena undoubtedly gives it a boost but it's quite late to the party.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010

For me:

1. Management moves Green + one of Nyquist or Tatar at or before the deadline for picks (bonus points for moving a goalie).

For the record I am not necessarily expecting this to happen, but would consider it a good season for this team and organization given the current state of things.

I'm not trying to pick this apart... But if Larkin and Mantha take steps forward, our PP gets back on track and DDK and Mrazek grt back to form... We will be a playoff contention team and no way do we sell guys like green and one of Tatar or Nyquist...

I want one of the other... Trade and tank if thingsook bad, or playoffs, forget the tank idea and battle through 2 to 3 more seasons of the bad contracts...

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'm not trying to pick this apart... But if Larkin and Mantha take steps forward, our PP gets back on track and DDK and Mrazek grt back to form... We will be a playoff contention team and no way do we sell guys like green and one of Tatar or Nyquist...

I want one of the other... Trade and tank if thingsook bad, or playoffs, forget the tank idea and battle through 2 to 3 more seasons of the bad contracts...

Very fair criticism although somewhat addressed by the disclaimer that I don't expect all of it to happen. Personally, I don't think we are close to a playoff spot even if the majority of those positive developments actually happen. Maybe I am a bit more pessimistic than I should be but I don't see the East getting any easier next year and our defense is still awful even if DDK returns to his best. The general point is that if things go better than expected there are things that will make me happy, and if things go wrong (or as predicted) there are some things that will make me happy.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York

For me:

If 2-6 come true, I certainly wouldn't be happy if management moves Green and Tatar/Nyquist for picks. That would be a pretty damn good team and we'd be taking a step backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad