Calgary
8h6ddb.jpg
I think he broke his forearm

Reactions: McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Encouraging 3rd after a sleepy first 40 minutes. They have to figure out a way to fix these slow starts, unacceptable really.

In any event, biggest thing to take out of this game is Skinner playing his best game in about a month and basically winning this game for them. He looked not tired for the first time in a while. Gonna need more of this from him while the team works through its issues.
Skinner was solid after being a bit shaky early. I thought actually the Oilers did a much better job trying to stay in the hunt in first than they had in a couple games against LA. I said pregame if we were one goal down we'd be OK. as it is we got the late tying goal which was a turning point.

Other turning point was the consecutive pk's in 2nd period. Kings PP looked off.

Drai really had a monster game. I don't think anybody can complain.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Oilers played most expertly. hehe

Perfect game by the Oilers today. Clogging up NZ, sticks in passing lanes. Kings all night were trying to create open ice plays for odd man breaks and Oilers stopping it everytime.

Everybody played well. Skinner best game in awhile. Nuge was good on his own line. Drai best game maybe in 2024 and even Connor Brown contributed.

This was textbook hockey.

Kings board can eat some dicks. Lot of trash talking there.
I would still like to see more physicality. It came on after we took the lead. But it’s just such a huge part of pressuring teams. We are good when we pressure. Watching players like McLeod fly by instead of making a hit just makes me roll my eyes.

Good win. Turned up the juice after the tie goal. Let’s keep it going

Also. More Bouchard Pp shots please

Last edited:

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
So this team isn’t an abject failure?
They have a chance to get their shit together for a playoff run. But they have been playing like bums the last few games. Today they play a decent 45 minute's and win

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Skinner was solid after being a bit shaky early. I thought actually the Oilers did a much better job trying to stay in the hunt in first than they had in a couple games against LA. I said pregame if we were one goal down we'd be OK. as it is we got the late tying goal which was a turning point.

Other turning point was the consecutive pk's in 2nd period. Kings PP looked off.

Oh boy do I have the GDT for you.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I had a feeling he would. He almost always gets up for the big games.

However, I don't like that they had to resort to loading up the 1st line to win a big game and break out of the funk. This won't fly in the playoffs. Need to find some combos that work with the two separated and stick with them.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023

Definitely killing those 2 penalties was the turning point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad