Proposal: A trade around Kadri and Trouba

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
3rd line minutes? Yeah, you think so? So that’s why Kadri had the second highest even strength time on ice per game after Matthews? Those 3rd line minutes? How about where he was #4 amongst leafs forward for total time on ice per game after Matthews, Hyman and Marleau? Those 3rd line minutes? Are Nylander and Marner playing 4th line minutes then? I mean, they played less than Kadri whom you state only played 3rd line minutes. Also, the Marleau-Kadri-Marner line had more frequency than the JVR-Bozak-Marner line per leftwinglock.

If you’re going to come off as all knowing maybe you should get your facts straight.

That makes sense considering Babcock used Kadri as a shutdown centre who was put out against the other team’s top line game in and game out. That obviously has an effect on his time. To be put in a shutdown role and manage 30 goals is actually pretty phenomenal. Matthews power play time was less than over 100 players in the league...don’t read too much into ice time. Leo Komarov had more or comparable ice time to Matthews last year does that mean he was better than Auston

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Some stats point to it...not so delusional really. 2 years of 30 goal production is no joke,especially how he is deployed. I get that he isn't an all-star,but still better than a lot of centers.

As a Canuck fan I would barely put Horvat as a top 30 center and wouldn't say he is a 1st line center, and Horvat is better than Kadri

Kadri was tied for 32nd among centers in Points Per Game
He is incredibly overrated defensively
He isnt in the top 30 among centers for Primary Points
He isnt great at driving play 5v5.
He isnt top 30 among center in Goals Above Replacement

Not a first line center.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
believe it or not, you can have a trade that doesn't involve a direct replacement going back the other way. If trouba doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg (which looks to be the case), they'll have to replace him anyway
But the Jets have 2 years to look for that replacement rather than settle for something they don't need.
BTW, Trouba has never said he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg. Just like your Leafs not having reached a deal with Nylander doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Leaf anymore. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Snowman

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
As a Canuck fan I would barely put Horvat as a top 30 center and wouldn't say he is a 1st line center, and Horvat is better than Kadri

Not a first line center.
Pick and choose your stats till you're giddy...but he is a premier counter center. He has racked up 2 seasons of 30 goals while playing against the top centers in the league. Horvat..."barely a top 30 center" ...nice sense of humor you got there!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
But the Jets have 2 years to look for that replacement rather than settle for something they don't need.
BTW, Trouba has never said he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg. Just like your Leafs not having reached a deal with Nylander doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Leaf anymore. :sarcasm:

Though with two difficult contract negotiations in a row, the smart bet is Trouba is likely not going to be a Jet for too much longer. Especially since it seems as if management is unwilling to pay him a bigger contract

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Not a first line center.

Horvat has a career high so far of 52 points.

There’s no argument to be made he’s better than Kadri. No logical one at least.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Pick and choose your stats till you're giddy...but he is a premier counter center. He has racked up 2 seasons of 30 goals while playing against the top centers in the league. Horvat..."barely a top 30 center" ...nice sense of humor you got there!

In what way
His terrible shot suppression or corsi against.

That argument of Kadri being s shutdown center started when he held McDavid pointless in one game a season ago
Then next game McDavid had a goal and an assist against him next game.
He doesnt kill penalties
He sucks in the neutral zone
He gives the puck away more than he takes it away

That probably why he didn't receive a single Selke Vote.
That myth of Kadri being a shutdown center needs to disappear like yesterday.
But But QOC, Give me a break, that is a outdated stat by everyone.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Horvat has a career high so far of 52 points.

There’s no argument to be made he’s better than Kadri. No logical one at least.

Better Goals above replacement
He drives play more 5v5
They were tied in points per game
5v5
Better Primary points per 60
Better Points per 60
Better in the face-offs

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Tell me, what did the Leafs roster look like 6 years ago? 5? 4? 3? You are blaming Kadri for a team with Bozak at 1C for not winning? Dion as 1D? Tank team 3 years ago?

Tell me, what do the Bruins have to show for the last 6 years of Chara...Bergeron....Pasta....Marchand?
It's not the last 6 years but they won the SC in 2011. Their team picture isn't sepia like that 1067 photo you hold dear. :laugh::sarcasm:

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Though with two difficult contract negotiations in a row, the smart bet is Trouba is likely not going to be a Jet for too much longer. Especially since it seems as if management is unwilling to pay him a bigger contract
2 years is long enough. & it was never the $s as the Jets offer before the holdout was higher than the bridge as was the 1 before arbitration.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That makes sense considering Babcock used Kadri as a shutdown centre who was put out against the other team’s top line game in and game out. That obviously has an effect on his time. To be put in a shutdown role and manage 30 goals is actually pretty phenmonal. Matthews power play time was less than over 100 players in the league...don’t read too much into ice team. Leo Komarov had more or comprable ice time to Matthews last year does that mean he was better than Auston
See, now you’re just drawing conclusions that I didn’t say or imply. You said Kadri played 3rd line minutes. I merely showed you that was false.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Pretty long, if you look at PIT. Nylander, Mathews, and Marner are no Crosby and Malkin, but they are a good start, and very young. JT isn't an old man. TML should always target Trouba before Buff, even though Buff can be more of an impact player(for or against).

I would offer up Kadri and Gardiner for Trouba and a prospect(WPG has a few good ones) TOR's time to shine is a couple of years from now, when TBL, WAS, and PIT are all aging out of competitiveness.
Once again Kadri isn't needed by Winnipeg and neither is Gardiner, so that offer doesn't get a conversation started.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
In what way
His terrible shot suppression or corsi against.

That argument of Kadri being s shutdown center started when he held McDavid pointless in one game a season ago
Then next game McDavid had a goal and an assist against him next game.
He doesnt kill penalties
He sucks in the neutral zone
He gives the puck away more than he takes it away

That probably why he didn't receive a single Selke Vote.
That myth of Kadri being a shutdown center needs to disappear like yesterday.
But But QOC, Give me a break, that is a outdated stat by everyone.
There is no argument...that is/was his roll. Do you even watch?
Not an oversell to say he would be a top 6 center on most teams ...at all.
To be expected if you think Horvat is 'all that" He isn't as good as Kadri,never was,never will be!

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
There is no argument...that is/was his roll. Do you even watch?
Not an oversell to say he would be a top 6 center on most teams ...at all.
To be expected if you think Horvat is 'all that" He isn't as good as Kadri,never was,never will be!

I never said Horvat was all that. I know he isnt that good. & i know for a fact he isnt a #1 center.
But leaf fans calling Kadri a #1 center is ignorant.

AKA proven wrong, and pout.
Got it.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I never said Horvat was all that. I know he isnt that good. & i know for a fact he isnt a #1 center.
But leaf fans calling Kadri a #1 center is ignorant.

AKA proven wrong, and pout.
Got it.
I've seen other threads about Naz. You obviously realize majority of Leaf fans are aware of exactly what Kadri is and what he isn't. Things get muddied in the trade threads because of value assessments.
On the Leafs he will be known as the 3rd line center,with defensive responsibilities to try and halt the opponents top center from having a career nite. Or maybe this year he gets to run wild while Mattews and JT get the hard match-ups. Who knows? And for the record I like Bo!

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I've seen other threads about Naz. You obviously realize majority of Leaf fans are aware of exactly what Kadri is and what he isn't. Things get muddied in the trade threads because of value assessments.
On the Leafs he will be known as the 3rd line center,with defensive responsibilities to try and halt the opponents top center from having a career nite. Or maybe this year he gets to run wild while Mattews and JT get the hard match-ups. Who knows? And for the record I like Bo!

No leaf fans aren't aware of what Kadri is
He is a really good scoring 2nd line center, that is a 3rd line center because Toronto is sooo deep because they have two #1 centers.

He isnt good defensively
He isnt a #1 center
leaf fans were angry that he wasnt listed on NHL networks Top 20 centers. then subsequent threads popped up asking is Kadri a #1 center? and a majority said no, and another thread asked is he a top 20 center which was also overwhelming NO.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
No leaf fans aren't aware of what Kadri is
He is a really good scoring 2nd line center, that is a 3rd line center because Toronto is sooo deep because they have two #1 centers.

He isnt good defensively
He isnt a #1 center
leaf fans were angry that he wasnt listed on NHL networks Top 20 centers. then subsequent threads popped up asking is Kadri a #1 center? and a majority said no, and another thread asked is he a top 20 center which was also overwhelming NO.
Man oman do you have a hate on for Kadri...its blinded you!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah my hate for a player when I called him a really good scoring 2nd line center.

Give me a break.
Look ,I'm not gonna go retrieve all your negative comments regards Kadri...I think most Leaf fans live in the realm of being fair/objective/somewhat biased world! You know,like all fan bases.
I've watched Naz from day 1...even in junior and I thought 'Meh"!
If I am to credit Babs with anything ,it is saving the career of Naz. He has taken on a responsible job while being a threat to score! His counter game is real. Not many players have/are doing what he does as well as he has!
Whether some other team would deploy him at 1 ,2 ,or 3 makes no difference in his ability. Not a penalty killer? Who cares? Let the Komarovs and Hymans take pucks to the face. Not a Selke winner? Who cares,the guy scored 30 goals twice!,even Bergeron had years (4 or 5) where he barely scored 20but still got praise. My point is ,you can't be all things to every fan! I bet Naz has a career year !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad