Movies: A Quiet Place Part 2

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
first movie was the most overrated crap since babadook
I don't disagree (well I disagree on Babadook), but at least they tried something new with the original. You can't get much more generic 'alien invasion' than that trailer. I never quite understood the success of John Krasinski.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't disagree (well I disagree on Babadook), but at least they tried something new with the original. You can't get much more generic 'alien invasion' than that trailer. I never quite understood the success of John Krasinski.

yeah he was the perfect jim halpert but hes basically crap in anything else

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
For the people who don’t like the first one I’m curious; Did you see it in theaters, or at home?

I loved the first when I first saw it in theaters but thought it was just ok on my second watch at home. Something about the theater atmosphere maybe.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
For the people who don’t like the first one I’m curious; Did you see it in theaters, or at home?

I loved the first when I first saw it in theaters but thought it was just ok on my second watch at home. Something about the theater atmosphere maybe.

I saw it at home and thought that it was only OK. Besides the theater atmosphere, maybe just going into it with few expectations helped. By the time that I saw it at home, people had been raving about it and it didn't really live up to the hype.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

I saw it in theaters and didn't like it. It's competently made but super generic and cheesy.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I saw it in theaters and didn't like it. It's competently made but super generic and cheesy.

How is it generic? If anything it went out of it's way being different with very little dialogue and being able to create suspense about the monsters/aliens in a manner different than most of these type of flicks. I personally really liked it and most people I know also did.

Reactions: SniperHF and Jussi

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I really liked the first one, but this trailer provides nothing that intrigues me about a sequel.

The overall mythology of the first was always on shaky ground, but the very personal focus of the story made it very easy to not think deeply about it. This seems to expand the least interesting elements of it.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hollywood would try to make a sequel to the end of the world if producers thought it would make them money (of course, that might be a pretty interesting movie).

Reactions: Beau Knows

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Like couldn't you just strap some explosives to a Bluetooth speaker, and blow em up when they get close? The whole silence thing was a cool concept until you gave it one second of thought.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I liked the first movie for the most part. The part in the beginning where they let their kid have a noisy toy was pretty ridiculous but overall it was a cool concept if you didn’t think about it too much.

Zero interest in seeing the sequel though.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Good first review

A Quiet Place Part II Is a Super Solid, Edge-of-Your-Seat Sequel

A Quiet Place Part II is a quintessential great sequel. Everything that worked about the first movie remains intact: high tension, gross monsters, great characters, strong relationships, it’s all there. This time though, everything is bigger—the number of settings and characters, and the scale of the action set pieces. However, the larger landscape doesn’t quite extend to the story as a whole and the result is a film that works but feels familiar and a bit constricted.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, I liked Babadook, but Quiet place was pretty damn boring.

Oct 18, 2006
Just finished watching, was pretty good. I probably should’ve watched the first one again beforehand though because apparently I forgot a lot of what happened! I didn’t go in with very high expectations...so I enjoyed it. Feel like it was a bit more predictable than the first, some scenes that make you think really? But on the whole, it definitely did enough, plus I rate Cillian Murphy.

Reactions: Martinez

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Just finished watching, was pretty good. I probably should’ve watched the first one again beforehand though because apparently I forgot a lot of what happened! I didn’t go in with very high expectations...so I enjoyed it. Feel like it was a bit more predictable than the first, some scenes that make you think really? But on the whole, it definitely did enough, plus I rate Cillian Murphy.
Good to hear, I really liked the first one. I’ll be watching this sometime next week for sure

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4