A place for F40 refugees

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
This idea has been going around a bit, and I mentioned making it in the arena thread, but it probably got buried. Anyway, today I created a Discord server for forum 40 refugees, since this place might be going away as soon as the end of the week or so. With SniperHF's permission, here is the link:

This link is good for 7 days.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FWIW this forum will likely not shut down right away even with a Utah forum open, we're going to need a place to discuss among ourselves whatever comes out of this expansion situation if anything.

After that we'll see. Some people behind the scenes think we should leave the forum open indefinetely as an inactive franchise but I'm not so keen on that idea given there will be years of inactivity.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
@TheLegend

I'm a little surprised HF wouldn't just let F40 stay open, especially if it's true the franchise is "parked" or whatever they're calling it and up for near future expansion. They could just leave it here and Coyotes fans can still congregate as they wish. If I was HFBoards that's what I would do, I wouldn't want to lose any of my users at all and it's not like our slice of HF is costing them much if any money, particularly when you consider that many of us are sponsors and likely would remain so if we still have a reason to actually be here.

@Summer Rose
Sorry not trying to take away from your discord chat but I'm guessing a lot of people are not going to sign up for that.

FWIW this forum will likely not shut down right away even with a Utah forum open, we're going to need a place to discuss among ourselves whatever comes out of this expansion situation if anything.

After that we'll see. Some people behind the scenes think we should leave the forum open indefinetely as an inactive franchise but I'm not so keen on that idea given there will be years of inactivity.
ha...how fortuitous! I'm happy to hear that and I tend to agree with the keeping it open indefinitely!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm a little surprised HF wouldn't just let F40 stay open, especially if it's true the franchise is "parked" or whatever they're calling it and up for near future expansion. They could just leave it here and Coyotes fans can still congregate as they wish. If I was HFBoards that's what I would do,

Heh, yeah. Like I said it's an option that's being considered. But for my money I want to see what comes of this after the 18th before deciding. Does this scenerio seem serious or not basically. Cause right now I assume it's not serious they need to prove it.

I mainly just don't want to see the board sit there unused for years at a time but I could "hide" it. The other option is to only permit certain posters on it.

I'm also considering just letting y'all decide to an extent. But I feel like even if we did leave it open it will atrophy.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It's not like anyone from here that wants to start shit, can't do the same on a new Utah board. Bans and suspensions work in all the HFBoards as far as I know.
I don't really see any of us doing that anyway. We're mostly adults in this room. I know the Manitobans were not nice when the team moved to Phoenix but it's not the fault of any fan.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't really see any of us doing that anyway. We're mostly adults in this room. I know the Manitobans were not nice when the team moved to Phoenix but it's not the fault of any fan.

I can also see why they think Utah fans deserve a clean slate. I don't care too much about what they want right now lol. They got the big prize. They've got to get to know the players they're inheriting, so why not the fans too?

I guess it's just easier and cleaner to start over. They're going to cater to the new posters from Utah instead of the old ones from the now defunct team.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

I feel like it should just be archived as soon as the season ends. To much potential for anti Arizona trolls to come over from BoH and pollute the discourse, IMO.

But it's ultimately up to you guys. I'll try and contribute if I can.

I vote for just renaming this board. Everything relevant is here. I realize the Utah franchise isn't keeping the history but it's not like there is much discussion on that here anyway.
No thanks. I'm already ignoring Utah-themed threads here and I'd rather not have to ignore the whole board.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

I think you should keep it open especially if the auction is within an as excavation starts

Reactions: Summer Rose

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
But why though? Genuine question.

This is my board and they can't have it. I've spent untold hours here migrating servers, fixing bullshit CSS / UIs (which is really not my bag) all for free. And at least trying my best to maintain some semblance of the old site's order after Fugu/Buffaloed's passing that I'm gonna do what I want with it.

Also the Utah board is not gonna be populated by Utah fans (initially, and maybe ever if you look at Seattle and Vegas, neither board has really taken off). It's gonna be populated by OG Jets fans, a few Coyotes fans who will stick around, and looky lous from elsewhere.

I feel like it should just be archived as soon as the season ends. To much potential for anti Arizona trolls to come over from BoH and pollute the discourse, IMO.

I'm not too worried about that because I'm not leaving the site and as long as I'm the supervisory admin such characters would have a bad time if they did so.

I just think it should be archived as what it was, for what our board was/is, and that's that. Atlanta should have gotten the same treatment.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is my board and they can't have it. I've spent untold hours here migrating servers, fixing bullshit CSS / UIs (which is really not my bag) all for free. And at least trying my best to maintain some semblance of the old site's order after Fugu/Buffaloed's passing that I'm gonna do what I want with it.

Also the Utah board is not gonna be populated by Utah fans (initially, and maybe ever if you look at Seattle and Vegas, neither board has really taken off). It's gonna be populated by OG Jets fans, a few Coyotes fans who will stick around, and looky lous from elsewhere.

I'm not too worried about that because I'm not leaving the site and as long as I'm the supervisory admin such characters would have a bad time if they did so.

I just think it should be archived as what it was, for what our board was/is, and that's that. Atlanta should have gotten the same treatment.
Maybe you put it in stasis until June, and then maybe just have one thread open for posting to discuss just how unlikely it is that Meruelo actually does anything... :D

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Alright, alright... Good enough lol

Closing F40 is going to really make the "end" of the Coyotes more of a reality for me.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

But it's ultimately up to you guys. I'll try and contribute if I can.

No thanks. I'm already ignoring Utah-themed threads here and I'd rather not have to ignore the whole board.
Wow first I find out More Cooley is binging Curb right after I started, and now I find out you're ignoring threads right after I......ignored a thread?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Maybe you put it in stasis until June, and then maybe just have one thread open for posting to discuss just how unlikely it is that Meruelo actually does anything... :D

Yeah I'm still open to the keep it open or close it deal, May just have a poll or something. But it's not gonna be right away at least until this whole press conference things shakes out.

I do think it's a good idea for people to either do the Discord thing or other off site communications if they wanna stay in touch though. Cause even if we do leave the lights on here on some level it's gonna be dead for awhile.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
FWIW…. Sniper knows I’ve already volunteered myself as tribute to gatekeep things here and possibly foster a new Utah forum if needed. I love what Bill Armstrong is doing and want to see how it turns out.

And the BoH also crowd knows I’m not going anywhere either. I’m too curious how the next few months are going to pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad