A great Sabres jersey concept and maybe the best post title ever

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For all the third jersey fails we've had why have they never used the goats head with the Blue and Gold? Seems like that would be make all the sense in the world.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Two things that should be left alone for at least one more season:
- Jerseys
- Captaincy

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
These look phenomenal, although I agree that they should ditch the number outline and go with gold numbers on the home jersey. I like the current uniforms, not a huge fan of the piping or armpits but it's pretty solid, however, I've been dying for them to go back to the original blue for years. Really hoping when Adidas takes over they do a slightly modernized version of the original uniform, like this concept.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If you're going to use a design that's that close to the original set, why not just use the original set?

I think that dependent on how the new Adidas jerseys are constructed, certain changes might be a practical necessity, otherwise I agree that the more faithful the better. One thing that does not need to be compromised at all is going back to the royal blue and gold. Things like # of stripes and their thickness could probably be tweaked to better suit the fit of the jersey, though.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
One of the greatest sets in hockey history

Sabres04.png

For the record, I'm a Stars fan and I own 5 Sabres jerseys

3 from the 1970s (one home two away), a home 92-93 Lafontaine, and an away Steve Ott

The closer you guys can get to the originals, the better.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
After our last third jersey, something like that wouldn't actually surprise me.

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
This design might, in more than one way, be appropriately designated the "BS" design.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

BS is right...

They would be good for an inline team, though.

:laugh:

This is why the hate for the blue and gold 3rds we had was unwarranted.

They were bad but let's accept it could have been a lot worse.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
Call me crazy, but I like the navy more than the royal blue. It gives the classic concept a modern feel. No more changes to the main jersey for at least 20 years, please.

As for alt jerseys, I stand behind my desire to see a "one buffalo" jersey, a throwback style jersey that incorporates bills light blue and other aspects from the bills jersey.

I could see them doing something like this as warm-up jerseys before a game, then auctioning them off after. I'd also like to see the Sabres shift to "Bills blue"/the blue of the 70's - 90's.

Mainly because as it stands right now, wearing a Bills hat with a Sabres shirt - or vice versa - never matches. :laugh:

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I might catch a lot of flack for this one, but I'd love it if we went back to the black, white and red. It has a lot to do with the fact that that was around the time where I first started seriously paying attention and being old enough to follow a team...but those red tops with the swords crossed were the best.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This is why the hate for the blue and gold 3rds we had was unwarranted.

They were bad but let's accept it could have been a lot worse.

Nothing unwarranted about it. They were the worst jerseys in the NHL at the time.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
This is why the hate for the blue and gold 3rds we had was unwarranted. They were bad but let's accept it could have been a lot worse.

Evil Eye on front, butterfly in back.
Disorient opponents and officials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad