A great Sabres jersey concept and maybe the best post title ever

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
If you're going to use a design that's that close to the original set, why not just use the original set?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If you're going to use a design that's that close to the original set, why not just use the original set?

The biggest thing that jumped out to me was the numbers and names on the blue not being gold.

But in general, using this one as the basis for an update would be awesome:

Sabres09.png

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
I think we're going to see the Sabres original set minus the shoulder logos with their current shade of blue when Adidas takes over

That's what I'm hoping for

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think we're going to see the Sabres original set minus the shoulder logos with their current shade of blue when Adidas takes over

That's what I'm hoping for

I doubt we get that.

Although, I would love to see it.

At a minimum, I think they keep the numbers on the front of the jersey.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I've never purchased a jersey but would buy a Risto in that design in a heartbeat. I hope Adidas ushers in a better design.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Call me crazy, but I like the navy more than the royal blue. It gives the classic concept a modern feel. No more changes to the main jersey for at least 20 years, please.

As for alt jerseys, I stand behind my desire to see a "one buffalo" jersey, a throwback style jersey that incorporates bills light blue and other aspects from the bills jersey.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I've never purchased a jersey but would buy a Risto in that design in a heartbeat. I hope Adidas ushers in a better design.

adidas owns Reebok.

I wouldn't expect design to change much, outside of three stripes becoming popular.

I could see adidas wanting the the blue socks to have three gold stripes.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
adidas owns Reebok.

I wouldn't expect design to change much, outside of three stripes becoming popular.

I could see adidas wanting the the blue socks to have three gold stripes.

I really can't see Adidas putting their three stripes anywhere on the actual game uniform

They don't for the NBA, college football, college basketball, college baseball, college hockey, etc.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really can't see Adidas putting their three stripes anywhere on the actual game uniform

They don't for the NBA, college football, college basketball, college baseball, college hockey, etc.

Maybe

It will be interesting to see if they try it or not. It could be subtle. More than a few teams have had three "adidas"-like stripes on their socks and jerseys before.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

That'd be the ideal and most logical situation IMO - as would the league's reversal before Bettman to home whites, road blues.

Maybe they'll do it in 2020 for the 50th anniversary....

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
That'd be the ideal and most logical situation IMO - as would the league's reversal before Bettman to home whites, road blues.

Maybe they'll do it in 2020 for the 50th anniversary....

I prefer the home team wearing their whites and the road teams donning their colors. I'd vote for the old way. But of course, there is no vote being taken.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Put a shoulder logo on that. A smaller version of the crest will do just like they did in the later 70's until the goathead came around.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I prefer the home team wearing their whites and the road teams donning their colors. I'd vote for the old way. But of course, there is no vote being taken.

If the NHL was smart, which they obviously aren't, they would have teams wear either the white or dark jersey at home until January 1st and then have the home team wear their other jersey for the rest of the year.

Problem solved and it may create more revenue as fans want both colored jersey's to wear to the games.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
If the NHL was smart, which they obviously aren't, they would have teams wear either the white or dark jersey at home until January 1st and then have the home team wear their other jersey for the rest of the year.

Problem solved and it may create more revenue as fans want both colored jersey's to wear to the games.

That makes way too much sense.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
They do for every single soccer kit they make around the world. With the kind of money they're putting in to this I wouldn't be surprised to see them push for it.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

the OHL does this

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
Call me crazy, but I like the navy more than the royal blue. It gives the classic concept a modern feel. No more changes to the main jersey for at least 20 years, please.

As for alt jerseys, I stand behind my desire to see a "one buffalo" jersey, a throwback style jersey that incorporates bills light blue and other aspects from the bills jersey.

Personally, I'm tired of the darkening of jerseys in sports. It was a fad in the early 2000s that I think is dead.

Bring back the royal blue and keep it!

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY

That makes way too much sense.

The OJHL does this. The Jr. Sabres will wear their dark sweaters at home for the first half, and the white ones second half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad