WWE: A&E Biography, Rivals, SmackTalk

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Hogan is obviously one of the most important professional wrestlers of all-time, certainly of the modern era. Austin is probably the only one with the same kind of comparable impact on the business and culture as a whole. That said, his sticking his thumb on the scale demonstrably sewered major events - Wrestlemania IX and Starrcade 1997 being the two biggest examples (blunting the 'Hogan loses' moment by having him drop the belt to Luger in August of that year was an obvious bit of business he got in, too). So, yeah, no one can take away his impact or importance, but his reputation for lying about going into business for himself has soured some if only because the lies are so blatant and shameless.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Lawler only gets an hour long episode. Paige gets the other hour.
Really wanted to hear more about his Memphis days but since this is a WWE produced show I guess it makes sense to concentrate on his WWE tenure. I did find it kind of strange that outside of " .....and then 10 months later we had another son " there was no mention of Brian Lawler/Christopher. :huh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So I watched the Yokozuna biography and I'm still left wondering if WWE was to blame for a lot of Yokozuna's issues with food.

The guy was apparently under 400lbs when he first came in, but once they went to the Yokozuna gimmick it's as if they wanted him to get larger.

I remember growing up the way they kept pushing the size of Yokozuna had you wondering when he'd hit 700lbs. Didn't seem like anyone truly cared the damage that was being done by him getting this big.

Sure they talked about behind the scenes people started to get worried, yet on the broadcasts back then they kept promoting just how big the guy was getting.

In hindsight it was like they were promoting obesity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad